777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm no financial guru but my understanding is that a liquidated company can still treat monies owed to them as assets which the Liquidator can pursue in full. If so, then the Club is still on the hook as they are obligated to repay any loans in full.

Hope I'm wrong!

You're not. Someone else will assume the debt (the original source of the funding) and the monies will still be owed.

Everyone should save the "bank error in your favor" thing for Monopoly.

To be clear, MSP (whilst being a preferable option to 777) are not a magic bullet. They're an investment vehicle and their sole objective in buying us is a return for the investors. They see us as an opportunity given the stadium to dramatically increase revenues. That's all well and good, but there's really only two main objectives of an investment like this - income or capital growth or a combination of the two. If it's the former then MSP investors would potentially be receiving a dividend which comes out of any growth in our commercial revenues and that would affect our ability to reinvest back into the team. If it's capital growth (which is hugely preferable), they'll be here a few years while they turn us around, grow our revenue base and then sell us at a profit. There's no benevolence here, they aren't going to be buying us as a community asset or anything, they want to buy us and make money out of us.

The club itself is worth literally nothing as things stand given the debt levels. The one and only attractive asset is the stadium and the potentially transformative revenues it has the potential to generate. You either need a benefactor type who wants the asset for a trophy or political purposes, or you need an investor who's going to get the club into the shape it needs to be for its own future.

Oh I've said this before though. MSP, 777 etc are all cut from the same cloth it's just how they've used it.

We're positioned now that in order to be successful in the future we need a Saudi state money no object owner where off the field there's no worry financially.

However, they don't seem to be interested. So we're only left with multiple ownership or these cowboy investments types.

We're not going into administration

The biggest threats to administration are RMF and MSP. They're the most likely to recover assets in an administration, they will be the ones to pull the plug on the club if it happens.

777 and Moshiri aren't going to file admin. They'll get nothing or next to nothing.

A few conflicting ideas/statements in his article, he states:

"We have enough cash to see us through the immediate term. "

Which would suggest that Admin is not on the horizon, but we know we don't have enough cash to get us through this time period because we owe MSP 158 million in 3 weeks time.

MSP triggering one of their options actually solves the most immediate issue (without knowing the terms of the 777 debt).

You're not. Someone else will assume the debt (the original source of the funding) and the monies will still be owed.

Everyone should save the "bank error in your favor" thing for Monopoly.
So you accept that the debt may still have to be repaid...if not directly by the Club (which, by the way, was not my intended inference)...but whoever takes us on.

Whichever way, the loans will still have to come out of someone's pocket so they won't go away miraculously if 777 go bump. That's still a major stumbling block for erstwhile investors

The media narrative of 'Plucky Everton' was driven by the former Chairman and his willing accomplice, Moyes.

"Look how well we're doing!"

We'd have been doing even better with a bit of investment, even spending some of our own money earned from TV and prize money rather than spending it on 'other operating costs' that spiralled under Kenwright.

Everton FC. The first Leveraged buyout if the premier League era.

Clap! Clap! Clap!
Quite right mate.

The downgrading of the club came first from within the club itself.

Another huge part of that was when they tried to murder Everton by punting us out of town to a Tesco-funded, Barr-built cow shed.

So you accept that the debt may still have to be repaid...if not directly by the Club (which, by the way, was not my intended inference)...but whoever takes us on.

Whichever way, the loans will still have to come out of someone's pocket so they won't go away miraculously if 777 go bump. That's still a major stumbling block for erstwhile investors

The club has to pay the debt yes. regardless of who owns the club. The debt doesn't go away. Maybe I didn't follow the conversation well enough.