777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd Imagine extremely rich Evertonians in Bell and Downing are thinking about the opportunity to potentially turn the club they love and support around through expertise and will power,and while they'll be fully aware of our financial plight the idea of having a hand in the potential future success of the club must be tantalising to them as Blues.

You're absolutely right,sometimes there's more to owning a football than Balance sheets.

Like Bill Kenwright did?

I'd Imagine extremely rich Evertonians in Bell and Downing are thinking about the opportunity to potentially turn the club they love and support around through expertise and will power,and while they'll be fully aware of our financial plight the idea of having a hand in the potential future success of the club must be tantalising to them as Blues.

You're absolutely right,sometimes there's more to owning a football than Balance sheets.

They'd also make a (blankety blank) ton of money if they could do that.

And there he is, getting himself into a national newspaper, creating a dangerously negative perception about the club that could put off potential investors, potential signings and potential commercial partners, and cause fear and alarm across the whole fanbase, and more importantly in hundreds of staff who will be more worried than ever about their jobs, all based on what is, after all, one man's opinion of a situation he doesn't have full insight into.

But he doesn't care about that because he got himself in the paper.

View attachment 256243
While I find holes in his logic, no investor is being scared off by his opinion.

Hopefully Bell and Downing can be involved in some way, and as the latest Telegraph article says they will be desperate to be. But while they're rich they're not PL football club so they'll need some backing, and that'll require some compromises.

They don't have sufficient wealth required to own a Premier League club. That being said, these are exactly the types of people we should have as non-executive directors, proper business people who also happen to be blues. Them along with the likes of Sir Terry Leahy, Mark Carney and Andy Burnham are the sorts of people Moshiri should have turned to for help running the club and the types of people we should have as advisers with any new owners.

OK that's perhaps extreme but it creates an unhelpful perception for the general running of the business and the wellbeing of the staff.

Quite honestly I think it paints a pretty accurate picture of how this business has been run in the past 7-8 years. Do I think it's likely to happen right now? No, but that really has more to do with our PL status and revenues than the underlying metrics of the business itself.

There will be an investor somewhere who will see the mismanagement and the huge PL revenues as an opportunity.

But make no mistake, if we suffered relegation last year or this year, we'd be in Administration.