Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
Of course but it's more manageable debt

Is it manageable though, they will have interest rates unfortunately.

We need someone to come in and pay a huge chunk of the debts off straight away or put up a massive bond with a bank to get a new loan fee with a half decent interest payment and even then we will struggle for a few years to try and get us on a decent path financially.

I think you are now wilfully misinterpreting my posts on the subject and attempting to portray things that I haven’t actually said…But enough, let’s light up the torches, get the pitchforks out and blame just Moshiri and not the actual Board who were responsible for overseeing this debacle…….

Ok mate, like to think we can have these robust conversations with no hard feelings and respect! Ill leave it there ;)

Disagree obviously, staggered if im honest.

I think you are now wilfully misinterpreting my posts on the subject and attempting to portray things that I haven’t actually said…But enough, let’s light up the torches, get the pitchforks out and blame just Moshiri and not the actual Board who were responsible for overseeing this debacle…….

Moshiri could’ve removed that board ANY time he wanted. So yes, he’s entirely responsible.

The lack of communication from him as owner of the football club throughout this sorry saga has been disrespectful and a disgrace to be honest with you. I want him to clarify why he lied to the FAB about being able to fund the stadium himself in January last year.

Is it manageable though, they will have interest rates unfortunately.

We need someone to come in and pay a huge chunk of the debts off straight away or put up a massive bond with a bank to get a new loan fee with a half decent interest payment and even then we will struggle for a few years to try and get us on a decent path financially.

MSP's debt will be converted to equity if they are ultimately the ones who come in. That reduces our debts by a good amount. The new stadium, once opened, will give us an immediate upturn in revenue, not a vast amount but something, it can and probably will be re-mortgaged shortly thereafter to give us a good chunk of cash to work with. Add things on top like concerts and Euro 2028 and cashflow increases.

In the eventuality that 77 falls through and there is no alternative buyer, then Moshiri will start paying bills again. If he lets the club go into admin then he will have no return. He's only turned off the taps because he's been on the way out. No buyers means we are stuck with each other for another year.

I think you’re confused mate. The majority shareholder/s appoints the board, they are absolutely there to keep the majority shareholder/s happy, if the majority shareholder/s isn’t happy with the performance of the board, the board is sacked. Strategic decisions are made by a majority share holding, were the majority carries and implemented by the board in consultation. I can’t believe you think he handed over 650 mill and said - alright lids over to you! The rest of our shareholders are a minority thus don’t carry influence - Moshiri actually changed our articles and cancelled the annual shareholding meeting. Moshiri appointed a Patsey Board to carry out his decisions. Do you really think the board, sacked Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Brands it was all Moshiri - he was literally flying in to make the decisions and hold interviews. All the credit facilities/debt, Moshiri. All the Kia J, signings, Moshiri. Why was Moshiri of sorting out the Stadium Funding? (That never materialised). He has always been calling the shots.

Directors have a legal responsibility, which one are you suggesting they should be charged with breach and brought to court? Yes I am saying they are employees, because they are - all of our were on the payroll are you suggesting otherwise. To my mind the only director who I believe could be in breach is Moshiri as he is an acting Director and a clear conflict of interest as a shareholder looking to sell his stake for personal financial gain and his responsibility to the club to act in its best interests - massive conflict of interest.

You keep saying about law, breach going to prison - if what you suggest were true, why aren’t they arrested, charged, why aren’t they in prison, if they are culpable? I don’t think you know or understand.

I can’t honestly believe what I’m reading, reading your posts mate I am shocked - I can’t believe anyone in 2024, with all that has happened, still believe that Moshiri is some innocent taken advantage by a nefarious board, it’s frankly Bananas.

He’s a pox and the worst thing to ever happen to this club.
Exactly. Moshiri bears 100% responsibility for this mess.

MSP's debt will be converted to equity if they are ultimately the ones who come in. That reduces our debts by a good amount. The new stadium, once opened, will give us an immediate upturn in revenue, not a vast amount but something, it can and probably will be re-mortgaged shortly thereafter to give us a good chunk of cash to work with. Add things on top like concerts and Euro 2028 and cashflow increases.

In the eventuality that 77 falls through and there is no alternative buyer, then Moshiri will start paying bills again. If he lets the club go into admin then he will have no return. He's only turned off the taps because he's been on the way out. No buyers means we are stuck with each other for another year.
But why didn’t MSP step in last month when they had the chance?

Can we be sure they will do so now?

But why didn’t MSP step in last month when they had the chance?

Can we be sure they will do so now?

At least with regards to ownership, MSP couldn't do anything until the exclusivity with 777 was terminated by Moshiri.

As to why they didn't step in, as far as they were concerned, we were still 777's problem. They aren't just gonna give us money out of good will.

Now 777 is finished, will be interesting to see where we go from here.

The lack of communication from him as owner of the football club throughout this sorry saga has been disrespectful and a disgrace to be honest with you. I want him to clarify why he lied to the FAB about being able to fund the stadium himself in January last year.

The frustrating thing is that we won't ever really know if it was a lie. As soon as he agrees to sell, then one could argue that there is zero reason for him to put anymore of his own money in while 777 are footing the bills. That will be the argument for the last 12 months anyways.

Hypothetically, if there are no other buyers then we'll find out if he can keep funding the club but hopefully that's not what happens, we just get literally any other not insane buyer, and never see Moshiri again.

I'm sure he was on record in Jan 23 saying the club wasn't for sale, so that was a lie.