2023/24 Sean Dyche

Where are the home form and the not won in months warriors now?

Do you see how irrelevant arbitrary measurements are? It's a season's work as Dyche said from day 1 and judging him on that, he's done a great job. He's not just "done his job" because this season posed very unique challenges and many would have capitulated under the pressure.

Well done SD 👏👏👏
There’s no need to bring it up anymore mate

He’s already in the record books for it, his name will always be associated with that particular failure.

Agreed …. But Harrison isn’t 30m…. ( I don’t rate Harrison btw and don’t want him back)

But if we did sign gnoto… he would have been sitting on the bench all season… dyche wants his wingers to operate as full backs … just further up the pitch slightly

Dyche just likes his wingers to do both jobs. McNeil and Harrison have stamina to do it and for a large period pressed from the front. Would be disingenuous to say that both don't offer going forward - their stats would be up if it wasn't for poor finishing.

Gnonto is young enough to still develop so I wouldn't have dismissed him from getting on board with it.

The days of the lazy attacker are long gone.

Record books?

I thought we'd established the winless run wasn't a record?

The winless run that featured an FA Cup win in the middle of it.

But sure Dyche’s league only, non win, removing all set piece goals, removing all lucky goals, removing all goals gifted by the opposition, removing all games we didn’t ’deserve’ to win, removing all games people didn’t enjoy % is absolutely appalling.

Dyche just likes his wingers to do both jobs. McNeil and Harrison have stamina to do it and for a large period pressed from the front. Would be disingenuous to say that both don't offer going forward - their stats would be up if it wasn't for poor finishing.

Gnonto is young enough to still develop so I wouldn't have dismissed him from getting on board with it.

The days of the lazy attacker are long gone.

It’s a bizarre criticism to be honest. There’s zero room in the modern PL for wide players who don’t work back. Im sure Dyche would love a pacier pair than McNeil and Harrison with a bit more individual quality to finish off good positions but he can only work with the players he has.

It’s the same with the high line and attacking full backs argument. Have we got 4 ultra mobile defenders and fullbacks who are brilliant playmakers and good at crossing? No. So why would any manager in their right mind try and play this way?

Dyche is the pragmatist who finds ways to get points with what he’s got which is why Everton are still a PL team whilst Leeds Southampton Leicester Sheffield United Burnley and Luton have or will be enjoying championship football. Ask their fans if they preferred their manager’s philosophy over PL survival.

It’s a bizarre criticism to be honest. There’s zero room in the modern PL for wide players who don’t work back. Im sure Dyche would love a pacier pair than McNeil and Harrison with a bit more individual quality to finish off good positions but he can only work with the players he has.

It’s the same with the high line and attacking full backs argument. Have we got 4 ultra mobile defenders and fullbacks who are brilliant playmakers and good at crossing? No. So why would any manager in their right mind try and play this way?

Dyche is the pragmatist who finds ways to get points with what he’s got which is why Everton are still a PL team whilst Leeds Southampton Leicester Sheffield United Burnley and Luton have or will be enjoying championship football. Ask their fans if they preferred their manager’s philosophy over PL survival.
Agree for me is when we look to counter and we simply dont have to pace to take the advantage. Has been several times this season even yesterday with doucoure, is a balance for me

Yeah. It's the quality in the attacking areas that's the issue, not getting there. And especially not blaming the fact they have to track back.

Look at the fullbacks. Coleman yesterday was up and down - at point he was in the box as a centre forward. That's the player he wants. Yes defending is paramount but the ability to do both is key.

The idea that Dyche doesn't like his fullbacks going forward isn't the case (see Myko too). But what impact do they have at the right time before being able to then get back defensively.

But the game is now looking like it's edging towards more CBs being fullbacks rather than wingers turning into them. Or fullbacks turning into midfielders.

The winless run that featured an FA Cup win in the middle of it.

But sure Dyche’s league only, non win, removing all set piece goals, removing all lucky goals, removing all goals gifted by the opposition, removing all games we didn’t ’deserve’ to win, removing all games people didn’t enjoy % is absolutely appalling.
A fella posted something the other week, cba scrolling back, but it was a pic with 'LOL' or something written on it, highlighting our recent winless league run. The fella was claiming it was a 'record'. I pointed out that the run this year was our joint second winless league run, the other winless runs were also mentioned on the pic. In all fairness, I think I may have been talking to sky fans, who think footy was invented in 1992.

Last edited:
There’s no need to bring it up anymore mate

He’s already in the record books for it, his name will always be associated with that particular failure.
Least invested in squad in our history had the worse run in 25 years… you think there’s a link?
To be fair, if you are looking at premier league records he achieved the highest consquitive away wins, first derby premier league win at goodison for 14years.

Is right to call out that run without and win and is also right to give the manager and players praise for the way they have finished the season. When i look at the season as a whole he has done great is just the frustration if we did do better in that winless run what postion could we have finished in then.

….3 players in or around the 6 yard box when DCL crossed the ball for Doucoure to score. So a break from half-way that resulted in 4 players hitting the opposition box and us scoring a goal.

Either the ‘Dyche Hoofball’ and ‘DCL is isolated’ posters don’t notice or perhaps it doesn’t suit their agenda.