777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They can't do that. They've loaned money on certain payment terms. If those payment terms are met they can't act against Moshiri. It's like the bank repossessing your house when you've paid your mortgage every month, it wouldn't be allowed.

That's a big assumption.

There will be covenants to meet in those agreements, it's not strictly about repaying the debt or interest.

Surely the premier league can change their stance in light of what new things are happening with 777?
They could now say that they wont approve 777 until certain lawsuits/accusations against them have been resolved?
Surely their conclusion that 777 just have to pay off MSP loan and fund remainder of the stadium isnt enough now to say they are fit and proper to run the club?

Surely the premier league can change their stance in light of what new things are happening with 777?
They could now say that they wont approve 777 until certain lawsuits/accusations against them have been resolved?
Surely their conclusion that 777 just have to pay off MSP loan and fund remainder of the stadium isnt enough now to say they are fit and proper to run the club?
Innocent until proven guilty.

Technically they can’t reject. They can only not approve.

I don’t think that’s actually correct. There is a whole section on disqualification criteria in the Premier league handbook. Certain Criminal convictions for example would mean an outright rejection.

Part of the stipulations for buying the football club would be proving they have the capital to do it. Surely they cant do that currently?

I suppose the whole pl approval thing would be something like this...

You ask a mortgage lender to give you money for a house, on the application you show your wage/income, the mortgage company wont approve it because you need to prove you can generate more income. The mortgage company dont give two hoots about rumours your finding the extra money by dealing drugs on the corner of the street?

I suppose the whole pl approval thing would be something like this...

You ask a mortgage lender to give you money for a house, on the application you show your wage/income, the mortgage company wont approve it because you need to prove you can generate more income. The mortgage company dont give two hoots about rumours your finding the extra money by dealing drugs on the corner of the street?
I'm not an expert - but it sounds more like a mortgage in principal - The PL have accepted it 'IF X, Y, Z'. If those criteria aren't met then the mortgage is withdrawn.

777 haven't been able to meet X, Y, Z criteria so here we are - waiting for them to sort it out - but I don't know that there are any deadlines with the PL - only other parties like MSP or Moshiri himself.

And i fail to see how 'not accepting' something isnt the same as 'rejecting it'

The Premier league absolutely can disqualify a person from becoming an owner/director.

Given all the information out there, its impossible to see how they havent already been rejected or refused though. The only thing the PL done was put conditions into a sale.