Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys-they've given the club 200 million when others wouldn't. It's very simple.
However there is so much going on it’s all baffling when you look at it even slightly .

Why is moshiri pursuing them as the only deal when they seem such a nightmare ? Well because they’ve given up £200m when nobody else would . Ok well why are they bankrupting businesses they actually own to fund ones that don’t ? Well because they really want Everton . Ok well why are they no further along than when they started ? Well because they haven’t got any money . Ok well where have they got the £200m from ?

I know that’s hardly detailed and probably not completely accurate but you see why people are baffled by it

I've lived in Spain myself - and they don't take a great deal of interest in the PL, they have their own league of course.

Ask them who Man City are and of course they know because the of CL - they wouldn't have 10 years ago.

My point is not that Everton is a big or global brand at the moment - it isn't - just that it is a potential one.

It's worth something - just not a lot right now.
Despite the last few season and our flirting with relegation on an annual basis, we are a permanent fixture in the most lucrative, most viewed sports league in the world. We are worth more than some of our fans think.

We never ever found out the cost of that failure - Thanks Bill.....
Probably not that great a loss from our point of view. It was the retail element pushing that scheme, with the stadium thrown in as a sweetener/community benefit, a stratagem Tesco had already succeeded with elsewhere. The overall scheme failed because of objections to the retail component from neighbouring areas. I doubt EFC put a lot of resource into it.

Last edited:
Probably not that great a loss from our point of view. It was the retail element pushing that scheme, with the stadium thrown in as a sweetener/community benefit, a stratagem Tesco had already succeeded with elsewhere. The overall scheme failed because of objections to the retail component due to objections from neighbouring areas. I doubt EFC put a lot of resource into it.

If i remember correctly while this played out we had a deal in place that we couldn't entertain a change in ownership which could potentially derail the stadium scheme part of it.

At the expense of their other companies, who's employees are loosing their jobs, have been told there's no pay or are entering administration, that's our future when these cowboys need to fund their next adventure.

It really isn't. It's not as if they had 200 million sitting around and we're taking the food out of the mouths of people in Belgium and Brazil.

They had 200 million loaned to them specifically to acquire Everton. If they weren't trying to acquire Everton, they wouldn't have the 200 million.

However there is so much going on it’s all baffling when you look at it even slightly .

Why is moshiri pursuing them as the only deal when they seem such a nightmare ? Well because they’ve given up £200m when nobody else would . Ok well why are they bankrupting businesses they actually own to fund ones that don’t ? Well because they really want Everton . Ok well why are they no further along than when they started ? Well because they haven’t got any money . Ok well where have they got the £200m from ?

I know that’s hardly detailed and probably not completely accurate but you see why people are baffled by it

They've gotten a loan from A-Cap to fund this. A-Cap is the company going around repossessing all of their assets.