Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Sam Curtis made his debut for SU today - easy replacement for Seamus. Make it happen Thelwell. We could have had him last autumn for circa 1m but do it now.

Very very high ceiling.

PS Mason Melia 16 yo from his former club St Pats CF scored a peach last night. Same applies.

Could have had Curtis for £250k last autumn, was coming out of contract?

Melia is a shout. Managed right and could be like an Evan Ferguson rise

I posted this in the youth thread:

Manchester City are readying a player-plus-cash move to sign Everton goalkeeper Daniel Lukjanciks, according to Alan Nixon.

The journalist shared via his Patreon page on Sunday (12 May) that City are willing to pay up to £10million for the youngster.

Would be extremely disappointing to sell another England youth international a summer after losing Samuels-Smith.

So what we got so far?

DCL 60m £25m
Doucs 10m
Keane 10m Free
Tarks 15m
Godfrey 15m Free
Onana 80m £60m
Branners 125m £80m
Beto 20m £10m
Pickford 60m

Have I missed anybody?
I'm going to knock £115m off your war chest I'm afraid, be great if real football worked like Football Manager though!

I'm going to knock £115m off your war chest I'm afraid, be great if real football worked like Football Manager though!
Realistically I think we'll keep dcl unless he pushes for a move...

Branthwaite is the only defender who'll leave for actual cash money and most likely somewhere between 50 and 80 with add ons...

Beto could go either way. Either he adapts and stays a useful member of the squad, or he'll end up like tosun, loaned out till his contracts up...

Onana will probably break even with the sell on so likely 50-60

Pickford is settled and his kids are settled in schools up here, he's repeatedly said he's happy and he's under no threat for his England spot so he'll be going nowhere

Manchester City are readying a player-plus-cash move to sign Everton goalkeeper Daniel Lukjanciks, according to Alan Nixon.

The journalist shared via his Patreon page on Sunday (12 May) that City are willing to pay up to £10million for the youngster.

Would be extremely disappointing to sell another England youth international a summer after losing Samuels-Smith.
It’s probs nonsense anyway. But 10 mill is 10 mill and is 10 mill more than we have now… interesting to see who they would offer as well..

We’re a selling club now… small fry feeding the big fish

Putting my Football Manager hat on and channelling my inner Dyche, I think everybody probably has a price this summer, and as Thelwell has said, we'll look to utilise the loan/free transfer market.

So, if the following went, I'd imagine we'd be looking at (based on links, rumours, previous interest and The Burnley Connection):

Pickford -- God knows, but should be doable to find a dependable keeper for a reasonable fee.
Branthwaite -- Jacob Greaves for whatever he'll cost, probably not as much as it would have been if Hull had come up.
Onana -- Brownhill (on a free and seems inevitable)
Gueye -- They'll try for Ndidi on a free but wages might be a sticking point
DCL -- Che Adams (We obvs like him and he's another on a free)

Will be interesting to see what we do for wingers because I'm not confident Harrison will be here next season and Danjuma definitely won't be. I'd love Dobbin to be a solution, but haven't seen much that would convince me in his admittedly brief cameos.

Editing to say I'm not advocating for any of the above, just what I can see happening.

Happens now to alot of clubs is bad for long term and we do want keep talented youth players here. But short term we need the cash maybe selling him helps us keep Branthwaite for another season

It’s probs nonsense anyway. But 10 mill is 10 mill and is 10 mill more than we have now… interesting to see who they would offer as well..

We’re a selling club now… small fry feeding the big fish
I don't see the point in getting players from city unless they are premier league quality. They won't be offering us their best prospects in return.

Money or nothing.

Keep him and let Pickford go if an offer comes in.