Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Roman's Predictions: -

If i was in charge of Everton's finances and I could see that we are operating at a loss of 130 mil per season (based on last published accounts) before player trading then I would probably look to do the following: -

Goalkeepers: -
Jordan Pickford - sell (try and get at least 30 mil hopefully from someone like Chelsea)
Virginia - keep - why not
Lonergan - keep and offer a new 1 year contact - cheap and why not
Billy Crellin - keep - who?

I would then utilise the first loan spot to replace Pickford with a decent keeper or sign a decent keeper on a free like David De Gea (loan deals can be found for good keepers, see David Raya at Arsenal for instance so it won't be the end of the world selling Pickford)

Defence: -
Patterson - keep
Keane - keep and let him run out the final year of his contract cos no one is gonna buy him anyway
Tarkowski - keep
Ashley Young - release - but i would not be suprised to see him get offered a 1 year deal just because it would probably be cheaper than having to replace him so it would make more financial sense to keep him
Mykolenko - keep
Godfrey - keep and offer new contract - purely because he is still young and therefore we should still be able to get a decent fee for him if we sell him in a few years - the only issue with Godfrey is whether we can keep him happy because he wanted to leave on loan in January as he was not getting much game time and then Dyche started to play him more towards the end of the season. I could see Dyche potentially use Godfrey as Branthwaithe's replacement as a cheap stop gap alternative rather than buy a defender to replace branthwaite
Coleman - keep - already been offered a new 1 year deal which I am sure he will accept
Branthwaite - sell - our most valuable asset and we need the money - can see us try and get a bidding war going on with Man Utd and Chelsea and hopefully can sell him close to around 80 mil
Holgate - sell - he is useless and his contract expires next season - may as well sell him and get a few mil out of it otherwise he will just go out on loan and run his contact out
I can see us replacing Branthwaite with a Defender but it will be a cheapish replacement no more than 10 mil probably
I can also see us using the loan market again for maybe a full back

Midfield: -
Onana - sell - it's been pretty clear that he's been pining for a move away with big clubs linked to him, the most likely destination appears to be Barcelona however I am worried because Barcelona have their own financial difficulties at the moment and they will probably only offer around 20-30 mil for Onana, can't see them reaching what I think his actual valuation is which would be closer to 50 mil given his potential and young age. Would have to hope maybe Arsenal / Chelsea / Man Utd also come sniffing for him to drive up his price
Doucoure - keep - only because I don't think Dyche will want to sell him. He only had 1 more year left on his contract so it would make no financial sense to keep him really. It only makes sense to keep him to make sure that we have enough players for next season.
Dele - release - obviously
Gomes - release - wages are too high to offer a new deal and keep
Gueye - keep - he should be offered a new deal however the lure of Saudi Arabia may be too tempting for him and if the price is right for us as well - if a Saudi Club offers anywhere close to 10 mil for him we are not going to say no
Garner - keep
Warrington - keep - who?
Onyango - release - he's still here?
Harrison - keep - can see us try and get him on loan again
Danjuma - release - there is no indication at all that we are going to try and sign this lad, he has barely played for us and dyche doesn't appear to rate him
McNeil - keep
Dobbin - keep and offer new deal as his contract expires next year
The midfield is the biggest issue for me and where alot of investment needs to be made especially if we don't keep gueye, it would literally just be garner and doucoure in central midfield. We need to try and sign at least 2-3 midfielders.

Strikers: -
DCL - keep and offer new deal as contract expires next year
Beto - keep
Chermiti - keep
Maupay - sell - fanbase has turned on him, he has no future here
Can see us maybe loan Chermiti out and sign a cheap striker or loan a striker

There are a lot of players in this squad that we should not be keeping but we are effectively going to be forced into keeping around for at least 1 more season simply because the squad would be too small if we got rid of them

I think realistically after players have been sold and released or returned to their parent clubs, the amount of first team players will be somewhere in the region of 18 players

I think we will then utilise the loan market to bring in 3-4 players and then there will maybe be another 2-3 players max that will be signed from other clubs as either free agents or on a low transfer fee

it wont be an exciting transfer window but a lot of deadwood on high wages will be gone at least

The way it reads to me is that he’s being offered a considerably lesser contract to extend.

Why would there have to be talks about it? Why are they hopefully he signs an additional year?

I honestly can’t see a transfer window where Seamus and Ashley don’t get year extensions.

Gana should be a shoe in.

I think people hugely underestimated the situation we are in.

They’re basically bending over and telling the world we need to sell. It’s not a great tactic.

Sure manage expectations of the fans but don’t make us easy picking for the clubs interested in our players!
True, but with Branth there will be multiple clubs interested. So they'll be competing with each other to drive up the price more than we'll be in a solid position to negotiate.

16 players have played over 500mins this season. The ones who havent:

Maupay -- Went on loan. Not missed.
Chermiti -- 3rd choice CF
Danjuma -- 3rd choice LW
Gomes -- Not missed
Keane -- 4th/5th choice
Dobbin -- Backup
Coleman -- 4th choice RB

Weve clearly lost an enormous amount by not playing all of them much more frequently lol

What a shame Coleman, Keane, Gomes, Danjuma & Maupay's wages were part of the stupidity with having a bloated squad.
Think we got lucky with injuries agree about the money we have in the squad but is getting more players on smaller money but will offer more than what we have atm
I'll say it quietly. I wouldn't mind Charlie Taylor on a free. At least he's left footed.
Agree nothing special plus lower wages and an actual ln
I wrote hes 4th choice. There probably should be 4 ahead of him though.

He needs to retire.

Thats all well and good but those arent the facts. The facts were twofold, the first part I posted and the second is Sean Dyche doesnt rotate.
Would be backup rb for me ptterson needs go out on loan and get games to show he is good enough to be here. Lad cant sit on the bench anymore, coleman does need to drop hos wage but his experience leadershio will be needed again next season. Is why i want us to go out get another rb to start, would still get the benfit of coleman around the squad

Who would buy Pickford? would one of the top 8 want him? If they didn’t, Would he want to leave? On Branthwaite, I know there’s talk of a bidding war. But it may not be quite what we want. Everyone knows we are as poor as a church mouse that’s had an enormous tax bill on the very day his wife ran off with another mouse, taking all the cheese. Plus so many clubs are right against their PSR limits. So, my defeat is that we won’t get the money we all know he’s worth.
Ok, the positive news is that although we only have dust to spend, we have the right manager to deal with it.

Think we got lucky with injuries agree about the money we have in the squad but is getting more players on smaller money but will offer more than what we have atm

Agree nothing special plus lower wages and an actual ln

Would be backup rb for me ptterson needs go out on loan and get games to show he is good enough to be here. Lad cant sit on the bench anymore, coleman does need to drop hos wage but his experience leadershio will be needed again next season. Is why i want us to go out get another rb to start, would still get the benfit of coleman around the squad

Weve got Godfrey so if we sign a starting right back there is no need for Coleman.

Who would buy Pickford? would one of the top 8 want him? If they didn’t, Would he want to leave? On Branthwaite, I know there’s talk of a bidding war. But it may not be quite what we want. Everyone knows we are as poor as a church mouse that’s had an enormous tax bill on the very day his wife ran off with another mouse, taking all the cheese. Plus so many clubs are right against their PSR limits. So, my defeat is that we won’t get the money we all know he’s worth.
Ok, the positive news is that although we only have dust to spend, we have the right manager to deal with it.

Chelsea have been linked a few times in the past week...today Arsenal linked.

It was well known Leicester needed to sell players a few years ago. They got £80 million for Maguire and £50 million for Chilwell. If clubs with money want your players just because you need money doesn't mean you won't get a good price.

Man U… Onana (the keeper) has been getting pelters from their majority cockney fan base.

Pickford would be an upgrade for Arsenal, Man United, Chelsea, Spurs or Newcastle (!). I don't think he goes, I don't think he's bothered about going, but it wouldn't surprise me if there's interest, particularly if he has a successful Euros.