2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fight his way? He can but dream, currently he is at least 3rd choice midfield option off the bench
The last 3 games our midfield substitutions have aimed to 'have what we hold'. A draw against RS and and wins in the last two. We haven't been in a position where we need to chase the game.

The last 3 games our midfield substitutions have aimed to 'have what we hold'. A draw against RS and and wins in the last two. We haven't been in a position where we need to chase the game.

He isnt a attacking mid. At best in an attacking sense, he is a quarterback esque midfielder.

He isnt a attacking mid. At best in an attacking sense, he is a quarterback esque midfielder.
Tbf I didn't call him an attacking midfielder. However, he is a different type of midfielder to those chosen ahead of him. Midfielders who who run around a lot, tackle and work their bollocks off. Traits you look for when holding onto a point or three.

There’ll be more than enough opportunities for him. We’ll undoubtedly be chasing a game or have injuries at any point and he’ll be straight in.
I'd like to see him before the WC. The LC offers us an obvious chance, but I wonder if FL will start to look at the midfield resources and think he needs to rotate? We have the depth now, and we shouldn't wait for loss of form or injuries to force the decision. If there's one area we can rotate in it's midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.