2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it only an option from our side though. We either exercise it or we don't. Not sure we need to enter discussions with him at this stage.

As regards Davies I think we definitely want him to sign a new contract. For me, it's more a case of him wanting to move on for more game time.

Could be completely wrong like. On both counts.
Same as you.

I'm not really sure. On both counts.

I'm not even sure Davies would bother playing anywhere else. He was very proud of his new Business Cards yesterday so he just go hug some trees and save the planet.

Legend.

Doucouré won't get the extension he's hopeful for. He'll leave on a Bosman next summer or maybe a nominal fee in Jan.

The club are still in cost-cutting mode (understandable) and he's possibly the best paid midfielder at the club. (I'm not sure what Gana is on.) We can't afford to have a high earner as a rotation option.

Davies will likely always be here and that's fine. He's a decent player but playing under multiple managers with different styles in multiple positions at a key stage of his development has hindered his progress. I'd guess he's our lowest paid established first teamer and is generally reliable. I really don't get the stick he gets. Proper weird fans.

Hopefully Warrington continues to progress and he's brought back into the squad next season.

Short version: We have decent options for the first time in ages and Garner will probably end the season with 15/20 appearances. Ease him in and see how he does.
Didn't realise Doucoure was out of contract next summer. It shows how far the squad has come when he is probably 5th choice?? midfielder at the moment.

We can only hope some club is desperate to sign him in January, I'm thinking a club desperate to stay in the league, specifically without naming names but Robin Hood lived around that place and Little red riding Hood got lost.

Usually takes 15 mins of his first appearance before the "Utd absolutely ripped us off with this lad" shouts start.
I thought because he hadn't been on the pitch in two games it was because he was awful in training or because he was seriously injured and unable to play every again.

I thought because he hadn't been on the pitch in two games it was because he was awful in training or because he was seriously injured and unable to play every again.
Well, yeah.

Obviously that will come out in the days that follow.

We may even get some fella who had a chat with a member of the coaching staff on the train who spills the beans over a few cans.

As said before, it’s great to see us with options so good luck to the fella. I’m sure he’ll get some game time with these crowded fixtures to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.