Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will, but we'll be in amongst it if we continue to score at the current rate. Lack of goals at this level means you're struggling to win games, and if you don't win enough games you'll be in the relegation fight. 5 points off bottom as we speak and nearly half a season played. It's almost unfathomable to me how some people can confidently think we aren't going to be scrapping to stay up this season.
Lack of goals are worrying. Nowhere near good enough up top.

This is a tough season to survive and I expect at least one big surprise to get sent down. The teams from about 8 to 20 are as close as I have seen in recent memory. No one is horrible. I don't believe anyone finishes below 30. I expect a huge cluster between 35 and 45 points so a 4 game losing streak can take you from feeling safe to feeling like you are in trouble. Goal scoring remains a big problem for Everton. They need to improve that or it could get scary like last year.

I don't think we will, but we'll be in amongst it if we continue to score at the current rate. Lack of goals at this level means you're struggling to win games, and if you don't win enough games you'll be in the relegation fight. 5 points off bottom as we speak and nearly half a season played. It's almost unfathomable to me how some people can confidently think we aren't going to be scrapping to stay up this season.

The flip is though mate, we are 13th, and haven't been hammered in a single game this season. We have the 4th or 5th best defensive record. Sides who typically concede less than 55 goals don't go down, almost irrespective of their attack.

There are sides in this league, who are a lot worse than us. Wolves, Forest, Villa, Leicester to name 4 who just can't keep it tight. In the end, if you can't grind out results, you get in serious trouble (as we found last season).

We are one of 6-8 teams above that group who could get sucked in, but does look unlikely at present.

This is a tough season to survive and I expect at least one big surprise to get sent down. The teams from about 8 to 20 are as close as I have seen in recent memory. No one is horrible. I don't believe anyone finishes below 30. I expect a huge cluster between 35 and 45 points so a 4 game losing streak can take you from feeling safe to feeling like you are in trouble. Goal scoring remains a big problem for Everton. They need to improve that or it could get scary like last year.

It's only like a 12/13 team league really. Like honestly, at the start of the season, if I'd have said to you Forest, Wolves, Leicester or Fulham, Brighton and Palace, name which one will be top half and which one would be bottom 3 I honestly think you'd have had as much luck tossing a coin.

It's why it makes picking up draws quite important too. You keep sides near to you and prevent them getting momentum, and you keep your own momentum going. That was what we didn't do last season.

The 3 in there currently are getting around 26-32 points across a season. I think it will remain that way. Probably 32/33 for survival for us (with good goal difference). I think Forest will start to get a bit cut off. That tends to happen in the final quarter of the season, sides in that bottom area fall away. It's why it was a bit of a miracle we avoided that.

Its not.

Also, this is quite the myth about how we are scoring too little to be safe. Defense is way more important. We are 15th in scoring, not even bottom 5. We are 4th in goals allowed. Will have an easy 45-50 points at that pace.
It's a balancing act, but for sure it's hugely important that we keep a respectable GD whilst grinding out the odd draw here and there. We're more or less level with Bournemouth at present but their GD is something daft like -13 already. Stuff like that could ultimately be worth a place or two in the table considering how tight things could get points-wise.

Its not.

Also, this is quite the myth about how we are scoring too little to be safe. Defense is way more important. We are 15th in scoring, not even bottom 5. We are 4th in goals allowed. Will have an easy 45-50 points at that pace.

You got to have both, we can't simply rely on Coady and Tark throwing themselves into tackles. At some stage we have to attack and score goals, especially against the lesser teams

Status
Not open for further replies.