2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I’d try playing a few games without Gray, Gordon and McNeil, utilise Patterson and Vinagre as wing players with two strikers and Iwobi as a 10

I hate our wingers. All 3 devoid of quality and end product. Wouldn't have any of them in the side tbh. 442 diamond or 4312; either way if we have 2 fit strikers at any given moment, get them on the pitch. Only Dominic Calvert-Lewin is barely half decent at operating solo, and he's perpetually broken. One of FL's biggest failings is that he's rarely willing to change from the ineffective 433 with two of the three usual suspects starting out wide, offering nothing. Same every week.
Totally agree - He has to try something different in the forward areas, and I would be happy to see all of gray, Gordon and McNeil left out, with a different tactical approach. They don’t do anywhere near enough with or without the ball - was watching most of the other games yesterday and they are miles behind every team.

I’d love him to give the younger lads a proper go, like he had to at Chelsea - mills, price, cannon and Welch ahead of the garbage that stink the place out every week.

So when do we stop being poor? Are we still unable to splash the cash because of FFP or is that no longer as much of an issue compared to big daddy Usmanov no longer being involved??
We lose huge sums of money every year, you need money to spend if you want to spend it.

So never, is the answer you seek.

We had 1 chance and we blew it.

We don't even have any good players to sell any more.

You`ve only got to look at last season, Burnley were all but gone under Dyche but then Jackson took over, his reuslts....

D West Ham 1-1
W Southampton 2-0
W Wolves 1-0
Won Watford 2-1
L Villa 3-1 His only loss and the result that took them down....

In 5 games he picked up 10 of their 35 points

Same applies, a better tactical approach can bring goals, look at the way Leeds score....

Erm, I don’t think this is correct at all. They lost on the final day and at Spurs late in the season. They also drew at Villa on the night we beat Palace.

Every week he seems to say it was close or we were evenly matched when it couldn't be further from the truth.

Once you lose the away following it's a very hard ask to stay in the job to be honest. And he had certainly lost a huge portion of the travelling fans.
Not sure why your lot are that bothered to be honest. The French police were right

We lose huge sums of money every year, you need money to spend if you want to spend it.

We have a few sellable assets if we really wanted to: JP, Pattison, Onana, Gordon (not the summer figures), DCL (when not injured) all spring to mind as players there would be takers for for decent money. Whether or not there is anyone at the club capable of reinvesting that wisely and recruiting effectively is a whole other question.

Erm, I don’t think this is correct at all. They lost on the final day and at Spurs late in the season. They also drew at Villa on the night we beat Palace.
Correct I missed the last 3, maybe due to re-arranged game because of COVID

D West Ham 1-1
W Southampton 2-0
W Wolves 1-0
Won Watford 2-1
L Villa 3-1
L Spurs 1-0 I remember watching this and thought they were unlucky to lose
D Villa 1-1
L Newcastle 2-1

11 of 35 points from their last 8 games, scoring goals though, the point still stands.

We wasted over 30m on McNeil and Maupay

We should have spent that money on one quality forward and looked to the loan or free agent market for another.

Instead we brought in 2 championship players for big money. Yet the happy clappers won't have anyone say our recruitment is bad. As long as we sign shiny new players they can get in a pack on ultimate team, they don't care.

We wasted over 30m on McNeil and Maupay

We should have spent that money on one quality forward and looked to the loan or free agent market for another.

Instead we brought in 2 championship players for big money. Yet the happy clappers won't have anyone say our recruitment is bad. As long as we sign shiny new players they can get in a pack on ultimate team, they don't care.
One made sense to bring in, the other didn’t when we could have brought another striker target in at the same time.

Thankfully our new stadium will mean we can increase the money we generate.

Our wage bill is also reducing all the time.

We're still paying for the mistakes of Koeman and Walsh.

Outside of the big 6 and Newcastle/WHU we make more money than other clubs revenue wise including Leicester and hipster club Brighton.

There will be dough to spend over the coming summers but ideally to have a big splurge we could have done with letting Gordon go.

Are you kidding me....

If I didn`t use last season the stats would be even worse! Lampard has us 4 points behind where Rafael did at this time last season and Rafael signed Townsend, Gray, Begovic and Rondon, dont forget he never had the use of Mykolenko and Patterson as Lampard has. Who has Lampard signed? Coady, Tarkowski, McNeil, Maupay, Onana, Gueye, Garner, Vinagre and we are doing worse... WORSE!

Was the old players you have been trying to chase out the issue?

Because he hasn't had 30+ games with the same side. Your Spanish Master had 22 games with a team that finished 10th and added 7 players. Lampard won more games with that side in 21 games.

How about we give Lampard 22 games with this new side and see what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.