Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves on boxing day is absolutely must win and imperative that Dominic Calvert-Lewin is full fit. City away is a write off so that means nothing less than a win against Wolves will do.

Shouldn’t be a write off though, should it?

That’s part of my problem with Everton in recent years.

We’ve accepted defeat before we’ve kicked a ball. Brentford went there and won, why can’t we go and get a result?

They’ve got like 17 players heading to Qatar, and then a crowded festive calendar. Why can’t we go there? Defeatist mentality again.

(And that’s not a dig on you mate, it’s strewn through the club).

We’ve accepted defeat before we’ve kicked a ball. Brentford went there and won, why can’t we go and get a result?

They’ve got like 17 players heading to Qatar, and then a crowded festive calendar. Why can’t we go there? Defeatist mentality again.

I agree. We have had this mentality since even probably before the Moyes era.

The club is mired in mediocrity. But what do you expect when Chairman Bill was employing people like Baxter, Jeffers (when he was there) etc. who took the piss out of the club.

The Problem with most away games at the better teams, is we go to the Like's of City just to defend and hope we can sneak a draw, we don't go there to win, i am of the thinking if we are expected to get beat at the like's of these teams as we will be by a lot of people-why not go there and just try - you would not have us doing what Brentford did the final minute if we were 1-1 at that point or play as they did large parts of that game

The Problem with most away games at the better teams, is we go to the Like's of City just to defend and hope we can sneak a draw, we don't go there to win, i am of the thinking if we are expected to get beat at the like's of these teams as we will be by a lot of people-why not go there and just try - you would not have us doing what Brentford did the final minute if we were 1-1 at that point
We don't have any pace in the team so can't counter attack properly

The Problem with most away games at the better teams, is we go to the Like's of City just to defend and hope we can sneak a draw, we don't go there to win, i am of the thinking if we are expected to get beat at the like's of these teams as we will be by a lot of people-why not go there and just try - you would not have us doing what Brentford did the final minute if we were 1-1 at that point

You’re absolutely correct. We’ve done it for years though. As long as I’ve been alive we’ve sat back at these places except for the 90s in the derby and a few rare occasions at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

We’re just a very negative team, and that ties in perfectly with the other thread about fans “short-termism”.

All we want is to see the side play well and the results will flow. Sadly, we just pass side to side and never break anyone down.

I agree. We have had this mentality since even probably before the Moyes era.

The club is mired in mediocrity. But what do you expect when Chairman Bill was employing people like Baxter, Jeffers (when he was there) etc. who took the piss out of the club.

I can’t really disagree.

The fact we’ve ran a boys club, kept hold of players, and operated as “The People’s Club” for years probably signifies the exact issues we’ve got at Everton.

100% mate, totally agree and we both know the players wouldn't dare dream of going to a place like City and having a go. It'll be a 9-1-0 formation and hope for the best.

You'd think we'd win the odd top game once in a while but no chance, they've got no bottle and haven't got the desire to outwork, out run, out graft the opposition.

100% mate, totally agree and we both know the players wouldn't dare dream of going to a place like City and having a go. It'll be a 9-1-0 formation and hope for the best.

You'd think we'd win the odd top game once in a while but no chance, they've got no bottle and haven't got the desire to outwork, out run, out graft the opposition.

Every side though mate, whether it Palace, Blackpool, Southampton, West Brom etc.. get a result away against a top side, we’ve not done it for years and when we do it’s behind random reasoning (behind closed doors, catastrophic seasons).

There’s just no urgency, or belief. It’s sad.

Who are worse sides?
Forest possible wolves ?
then that leaves us scrapping for the last place.
Wolves get a few in and I can see them going up the table, midfield is half decent.
We are in trouble.

We’re now one of the favourites with the bookies to go down. Bournmouth went through us with ease.
City will put 5 if not more past us when we play them.
Unless we have a miracle window in Jan, which is not likely given our finances, we are done.

Wolves should have most of their forwards back when they play us. We have to hope Portugal go far in the World Cup so their players are away for longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.