Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn’t be a write off though, should it?

That’s part of my problem with Everton in recent years.

We’ve accepted defeat before we’ve kicked a ball. Brentford went there and won, why can’t we go and get a result?

They’ve got like 17 players heading to Qatar, and then a crowded festive calendar. Why can’t we go there? Defeatist mentality again.

(And that’s not a dig on you mate, it’s strewn through the club).
Exactly. Heard Thomas Frank in his interview on Saturday evening saying he'd expected to go to the Etihad and get 3 points. And he did.

I am a bit concerned about Southampton & Wolves to be fair. New managers who'll have the next 6 weeks to look at their respective squads. It's more than plausible that they could kick on after Christmas. Certainly it's just as likely as they could potentially get worse.

I do think Forest are already gone, unless Cooper just happens to find the magic formula for all of his new players over this break.

Every side though mate, whether it Palace, Blackpool, Southampton, West Brom etc.. get a result away against a top side, we’ve not done it for years and when we do it’s behind random reasoning (behind closed doors, catastrophic seasons).

There’s just no urgency, or belief. It’s sad.

FSW actually did o.k in that respect, were losing at Old Trafford and Chelsea with practically a reserve team and dug out 1-1s from both.

That was a year ago and the away form simply spells relegation, under Lampard two away wins in probably about 20 games now. Haven't scored a single goal on the road since McNeil fired in the winner at Southampton.

After the break the away run is Man. City, West Ham, Arsenal, RS, Forest, Chelsea and Man. United up to middle of April. At best I can see 2 draws in that.

I am a bit concerned about Southampton & Wolves to be fair. New managers who'll have the next 6 weeks to look at their respective squads. It's more than plausible that they could kick on after Christmas. Certainly it's just as likely as they could potentially get worse.

I do think Forest are already gone, unless Cooper just happens to find the magic formula for all of his new players over this break.

Forest aren't gone by a long way. They've taken 7 points from last 3 at City Ground so starting to get that Fortress mentality any promoted team needs at home.

January will be a huge month for them. They have a run of Southampton, Leicester, Bournemouth, Leeds and Fulham so will be aiming for 10 points from that which will give them serious chance of surviving.

Wolves is such a massive game for you lads. Do you think Lampard will still be here during xmas?

City will be ridiculously difficult, if we win at home to West ham on Boxing day we'll be 8 points clear by time they kick off against Leeds on the 28th, and if they drop points in that I dread to see what happens in you're game.

I still believe you have enough to not get relegated, but incoming manager bounces with Southampton and Wolves, there's no telling what could happen in next few games.

1BE23D72-F6E4-4E03-A8D4-9B38BC3FE22A.jpeg

The underlying stats are bad…

Forest have had an upturn in results and are only a point behind us, they’re certainly not “gone”, nor is anyone at this stage of the season.

No one is gone. It's as competitive as it ever has been and there are no terrible teams like Watford or Norich this year.

No one is gone. It's as competitive as it ever has been and there are no terrible teams like Watford or Norich this year.

The fact there’s no terrible teams might actually mean the points total required to stay up will be lower than if there’s one or two whipping boys who everyone takes points off. That’s how it usually works, the season West Ham went down with 42 points, Sunderland and West Brom both failed to get over 30. The seasons where it’s tight between 4 or 5 teams it usually takes around 35 to stay up.

The fact there’s no terrible teams might actually mean the points total required to stay up will be lower than if there’s one or two whipping boys who everyone takes points off. That’s how it usually works, the season West Ham went down with 42 points, Sunderland and West Brom both failed to get over 30. The seasons where it’s tight between 4 or 5 teams it usually takes around 35 to stay up.
You could be right but we need to be aiming for at least a point a game to stay up, so I'm thinking 38 like every other year.

It's a bit early to know how many we will need though. Still 60% of the season left.

What we do know for sure is we won't get close to 38 points unless the squad is improved and goals are added.

Status
Not open for further replies.