Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be right but we need to be aiming for at least a point a game to stay up, so I'm thinking 38 like every other year.

It's a bit early to know how many we will need though. Still 60% of the season left.

True, also at this stage of last season it wasn’t looking like Norwich and Watford were going to be cut adrift, they were competitive until February onwards when they just fell off a cliff.

The underlying stats are bad…

Yes, that's probably one of the battle lines the sack/don't sack debate is divided over. How important are the underlying trends in determining the future.

I personally believe that we've flattered to deceive in defensive record especially and if/when the results match the trends we're going to be in a massive hole.

Yes, that's probably one of the battle lines the sack/don't sack debate is divided over. How important are the underlying trends in determining the future.

I personally believe that we've flattered to deceive in defensive record especially and if/when the results match the trends we're going to be in a massive hole.
Lots of what we are doing is unsustainable.

Not creating chances and expecting results is unsustainable. Giving up tons of shots but having to rely on clean sheets, is unsustainable.

Our football and the tactics are not sustainable, but lots of that is down to the disastrous transfer strategy in the summer of trying to build from the back in 2022. We are living in the footballing dark ages.

I mean we aren’t like, a six week break could be the rest bite we need, especially as we have probably the fewest players going to Qatar so the squad will pretty much be together the entire time
on current form i don't see that at all. We are terrible at the moment, i want to be wrong, but we are closer to the drain than ever now..

Yep. I agree. I don’t always like to just focus on the state but I think in this case the underlying stats back up what I’ve thought.

FSW actually did o.k in that respect, were losing at Old Trafford and Chelsea with practically a reserve team and dug out 1-1s from both.

That was a year ago and the away form simply spells relegation, under Lampard two away wins in probably about 20 games now. Haven't scored a single goal on the road since McNeil fired in the winner at Southampton.

After the break the away run is Man. City, West Ham, Arsenal, RS, Forest, Chelsea and Man. United up to middle of April. At best I can see 2 draws in that.

I don’t think Lampard trusts the side, which in its own is a recipe for disaster to be honest.

Go behind to any of those and I expect a defeat. Years of mismanagement have come home to roost.

But as seen with Newcastle, West Ham (prior to this season), it can be transformed quicker and we’re just hindered by the board I think.

I still think we have enough to comfortably avoid the drop but have to admit to immersing myself in utter fantasy when it suits. Possibly where I am right now.

I don’t think Lampard trusts the side, which in its own is a recipe for disaster to be honest.

Go behind to any of those and I expect a defeat. Years of mismanagement have come home to roost.

But as seen with Newcastle, West Ham (prior to this season), it can be transformed quicker and we’re just hindered by the board I think.
This, I just feel we are a goal scorer, a no10 and a decent winger away from being a better team.

I mean we aren’t like, a six week break could be the rest bite we need, especially as we have probably the fewest players going to Qatar so the squad will pretty much be together the entire time

can you please confirm that you don't think this is the actual word and it was just a typo. thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.