2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone in football told us Dyche would save us, everyone said Lampard was [Poor language removed]. Ever since Benitez started to get rid of our goalscorers and creators and we lost them to means out of our hands (injuries, investigations etc) our days have been numbered. The problems at the club are far beyond Dyche or Lampard, but a few problems recently have been because Dyche preserves first and foremost. The only slim possibility we have of saving ourselves is going balls deep and trying to attack attack attack. This current way of playing just makes us collapse as soon as we go 1-0 down.

I just think there’s players in this team who train all week one way and then when they cross the white line just can’t cope at playing professional football to a decent standard. Manager after manager has mentioned it. I just don’t think Dyche expects the sort of basic mistakes that Everton players make over and over again when it comes to match days. We can say play someone else but it’s most of them.

The unforgiveable one is Keane because it’s a known quantity that he’s a walking disaster. But I bet Godfrey Holgate Iwobi Gueye Gray etc probably all look fairly solid in training, quick hard working. Then you put them out on the field on a match day and they can’t pass or control a ball and Godfrey can’t even defend a simple one v one.
So stop picking them , if you keep getting let down by Godfrey for example why on earth would you think “maybe this time he won’t be an absolute bomb scare , I’ll give him just 3 more chances but then that’s it !”

Frank Lampard got 15 points in 21 games
Sean Dyche has 13 points in 13 games

If we get relegated, it's 100% on Lampard.

I’m sorry but being marginally, if not debatably, better than Frank Lampard does not make you the right man for the job. 13 points from 13 games is crap, let’s have that right. We’ve won 1 in 10 now which is probably going to become 1 in 13 after the next few games, that is as bad as the back end of Benitez.

Everyone in football told us Dyche would save us, everyone said Lampard was [Poor language removed]. Ever since Benitez started to get rid of our goalscorers and creators and we lost them to means out of our hands (injuries, investigations etc) our days have been numbered. The problems at the club are far beyond Dyche or Lampard, but a few problems recently have been because Dyche preserves first and foremost. The only slim possibility we have of saving ourselves is going balls deep and trying to attack attack attack. This current way of playing just makes us collapse as soon as we go 1-0 down.
The bulk of this is on the players, but, in all fairness, both of our last managers have been poor appointments.

The last 3 if you include large kecks, but that goes without saying.

I just think it's proven that this squad of players and it's spine can't play any style of football effectively in this division. The manager turnover shows it.

Even when Carlo left I said that whoever we got in, the squad needed a overhaul and patience where the manager took control of everything.

We then employed serial disrupter in Benitez rather than Potter etc or someone who wants to build.

The board reaps what it sows by thinking amassing a team of awful players will work under different managers. It won't. Takes a manager to build a team not a board
Don't disagree with you at all, the squad stinks. But IMO, to get out of this, we needed to roll the dice and look long term as well.

I knew how infrequent we were scoring and then looking at how how infrequent his teams score, the inevitable was going to happen

But either way, the board and the ownership have deleted this club. Its going to be quite sad in the summer, because its going to be like an apocalypse at this club, mass redundancies behind the scenes, looking to accept almost any bid for any player, replacing with even worse quality, looking at every cost saving exercise and then finally the stadium - the big debt just sitting there that we simply cannot afford

Just watched the post match press conference. He got a bit ratty by the end when he was questioned about his evaluation of the players lol

If there is one manager that can get any team scoring goals its Bielsa
Having our U23s and U18s score goals doesn't help the current situation. Bielsa had zero interest in taking charge of the first team for the remainder of the season.

Dyche really shouldn't be persisting with a back 4 though if it means Godfrey at RB. Get Coady into a back 3 for more size and aggression at setpieces and an actual desire to put a foot in, play his preferred 3 of Doucoure, Gueye & Onana in the midfield with Iwobi shifted to RWB as a better emergency option than Godfrey and then either Gray or McNeill playing off DCL.

I also don’t see us doing anything but scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of managerial appointments at any point in the near future either.

There’s a reason our last 3 managers read like a who’s who of complete wasters.

Problem is we have to stick with Dyche. We don't have any money and can't take a gamble on some new up and comer
Don't disagree with you at all, the squad stinks. But IMO, to get out of this, we needed to roll the dice and look long term as well.

I knew how infrequent we were scoring and then looking at how how infrequent his teams score, the inevitable was going to happen

But either way, the board and the ownership have deleted this club. Its going to be quite sad in the summer, because its going to be like an apocalypse at this club, mass redundancies behind the scenes, looking to accept almost any bid for any player, replacing with even worse quality, looking at every cost saving exercise and then finally the stadium - the big debt just sitting there that we simply cannot afford

The board have put us in a horrible position.

We won't have money to rebuild. Our future will be uncertain. Personally, we have to stick with Dyche as he's worked with nothing and got results because off the field it's a mess.

There's idealism of what should happen next. Then there's a reality.

The reality I think is... we're relegated, 15 players leave the team. We're not able to spend much of fees we receive. EFL is on our back from the off. We have to wait for the PL review. The board will concentrate on that than on the pitch. So Dyche will have to do what he did with Burnley to rebuild and get us back to the top flight.

If it's not Dyche...you've then got to gamble on an unknown and hope. It may work, it may not. Regardless you have to stick with it

maxresdefault.jpg

So stop picking them , if you keep getting let down by Godfrey for example why on earth would you think “maybe this time he won’t be an absolute bomb scare , I’ll give him just 3 more chances but then that’s it !”

Who else do you pick?

Coleman is injured and let’s be honest was absolutely woeful last season and is prone to dropping clangers himself

Patterson would be my choice but he’s not rated on this forum for his defensive skills and is only just back himself from a nasty injury

Holgate is suspended and is a disaster regardless

Coady was dropped for Keane because he was making too many mistakes

Gray is just as bad as Iwobi but doesn’t work as hard

Davies is even worse than Gana in possession

The ones I would lay at Dyche’s door would be Mina and Patterson should be playing but I’m not surprised he didn’t build a consistent line up around two players who can’t stay fit.

Godfrey gets picked because he is the “defensive option”. Doesn’t matter how bad he is at it, managers like Dyche will always prefer players like that to those that actually cross the half way line.

Problem is we have to stick with Dyche. We don't have any money and can't take a gamble on some new up and comer

The board have put us in a horrible position.

We won't have money to rebuild. Our future will be uncertain. Personally, we have to stick with Dyche as he's worked with nothing and got results because off the field it's a mess.

There's idealism of what should happen next. Then there's a reality.

The reality I think is... we're relegated, 15 players leave the team. We're not able to spend much of fees we receive. EFL is on our back from the off. We have to wait for the PL review. The board will concentrate on that than on the pitch. So Dyche will have to do what he did with Burnley to rebuild and get us back to the top flight.

If it's not Dyche...you've then got to gamble on an unknown and hope. It may work, it may not. Regardless you have to stick with it
Sounds like exactly what Bielsa told us to be fair

Your squad is crap, I ain't managing it; you need to bin all your players and i'll drill the youngsters because they'll actually listen

The man could see in to the future

Status
Not open for further replies.