2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We definitely aren’t capable of playing any other way. I just don’t think he’ll be the man to build us back up into some sort of a competent outfit. He may prove me wrong by completely adapting his style to the modern game, I don’t know. But we’ll just have to wait and see. The way we’re currently playing is not a long term option.
Well the players are not long term option, so what do you expect him to do?
I think he is the man for the next few seasons, who else decent would take us and so far we have given him zero chance. No signings, no striker and crap board. In the end we will probally harass him into getting sacked.

Thought he would have enough to save us but hasn't. Not his fault really but I want a young coach in the championship who plays some brand of attractive football

Yeah im sort of leaning that way. Brought in to put out an immediate fire if he could. If that doesnt happen then whats the point of him long term. He clearly has his way of playing. Is that a long term attraction? Certainly not.

Also posted in Patterson thread...tells me alot about this clowns mentality.

Sack him....and sack him now.

Yet three of the visitors’ goals were engineered down Everton’s right flank. On his selection decision, Dyche said: “Just Ben’s experience, playing here and his experience in football in general. We know Patto is a very good player and is going to continue to learn. He’s been out a very long time as well earlier in the season.

“Seamus is making good progress. We think there’s a chance of his recovery before the weekend. It’s not just about one player but he was affected too easily for two goals.”

TLDR: Played Godfrey due to his "experience".
Its the way he sets the team up, the opposition just switch play the fullbacks get left in acre's of space , and let's face it are lot really aren't that good, then the centre backs get dragged out of positions and midfield are trying to cover after all being on the other side of the pitch.
Same every week.

Thought he would have enough to save us but hasn't. Not his fault really but I want a young coach in the championship who plays some brand of attractive football
Will this mythical coach be allowed to buy a new first team? Or play this attractive football where we get hammered every week with teams kicking us off the pitch with the same set of gash?

Yeah im sort of leaning that way. Brought in to put out an immediate fire if he could. If that doesnt happen then whats the point of him long term. He clearly has his way of playing. Is that a long term attraction? Certainly not.
Because he needs a window to actually get some players in, and if the worst happens hes proven to know whats needed to bring us quickly back up.

Will this mythical coach be allowed to buy a new first team? Or play this attractive football where we get hammered every week with teams kicking us off the pitch with the same set of gash?
Championship is mostly garbage mate. Maupay got double figures. With players like Garner and Cannon even Gray would look decent in that league a half decent coach could have us playing something that isn't just long balls

I think it’s clear that at the moment the players are really a big problem, so I don’t really blame Dyche if we go down and nor do I expect him to keep us up.

My issue with him is that at no time, either at here or tbh with Burnley, did he ever really play good football, and what he does play seems outdated. He doesn’t look like someone who can develop our younger players, quite the opposite in fact, and his choice of players in this run makes me really worry about his ability to build a new squad in the Championship.

The Championship would be a good time to get rid of the rubbish players and rebuild, and I want someone in who can do that and be here for a good few years, because our issue with the current players is they don’t fit due to being bought for separate managers with separate styles. I just don’t see that as being Dyche.

Because he needs a window to actually get some players in, and if the worst happens hes proven to know whats needed to bring us quickly back up.

Im not convinced the game hasnt moved on a bit from what sean dyche knows. Vincent kompany hasnt kicked his way back out of that league. He wheeled and dealed and coached players to get back with a good football.
Its a tough call though granted.

I think they all took to the club. Roberto certainly did, Silva, Carlo and Lampard defo connected to the fans and the club.

Koeman didnt
Yer, and we still put the knife in them all for not performing. Look at the mess now and people still calling for the next head. We keep sacking managers and each time the next one fairs worse, i guess because they have to play with a squad that isnt 'theirs' and has been hashed together with no joined up thinking. And so it goes on.....we need to just stick with this manager now.

Im not convinced the game hasnt moved on a bit from what sean dyche knows. Vincent kompany hasnt kicked his way back out of that league. He wheeled and dealed and coached players to get back with a good football.
Its a tough call though granted.
Lets see how he fairs in the PL. Unproven in my mind and just shortsighted that hes doing ok in a club with low expectations. If he came to us we would destroy him.

Lets see how he fairs in the PL. Unproven in my mind and just shortsighted that hes doing ok in a club with low expectations. If he came to us we would destroy him.

Prob struggle unless they buy. But that wasnt the point. He is clearly a different type of coach and at some point Everton should be looking at that. Potter might still be an option. But let him build it right from the bottom upwards.

Whilst I acknowledge that he was handed an almost impossible task, I still think he has demonstrated what many of us knew - he is a very poor manager.

It's like watching a Bobby Gould side, just emptying it downfield. He does all the things you would expect of him - aimless punts and crosses, no patterns of play, negative attitude, bad team selections where he favours bad senior pros over some young players who, while they might not be that good, at least have potential to get better and may give us a little spark.

Plays his Burnley mates. If Mina's fit, Mina should play. The defence has been diabolical since Keane came back in. I just can't believe that a manager can be SO tactically negative and yet have his side ship so many goals.

Plus, he is so smug and arrogant, without having anything about him to back it up. His standards are very low from managing Burnley. He's come into a club that have allowed their standards to become very low and helps to keep them that way. When he comes out with all these statements about us having really good players, I think he genuinely believes it, rather than trying to put a positive spin on things.

Another thing is that it was clear from his interviews that he didn't want us just bringing forwards in in January if they didn't have the right character. Fair enough long-term, but again it shows how poor his judgement is for not identifying just how much we need some. If ever a club just needed to get some forward players in it was us. Again, due to his chronically low standards, he probably believes that Maupay is a good player.

He is also, categorically NOT the man to lead us in the Championship.

Again, I am aware of how hard his job was coming in and I am not absolving the decision-makers at the club of their responsibility - this relegation is on them. It's just that Dyche really is as bad a manager as I thought he was and he also has that annoying Fat Sam trait of making out that there are stereotypes about him. No there aren't. That is how you play the game!!

Anyway, rant over. Feel better now 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.