2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we hired Dyche he had been out of work for the better part of a year and we were in the bottom 3. By his own admission, Dyche was delighted to have got the Everton job, it was a job beyond his wildest dreams. That being the case, you would imagine that even a board as inept as ours would have written a relegation clause into the contract.

If that was the case we should bin him at the end of the season and take a chance with a progressive young coach from the lower divisions who will be happy to work within a small budget and develop players from the youth system into first teamers. Grock football will not get us out of the championship these days, at least not in the direction we would like to get out. He is a dinosaur who's unique selling point was that he would keep us up.

If Dyche fails to keep us up he should go, but, and where Everton's board are concerned, it's a big but., If it is going to cost us a packet to get shut of him, I don't think we will be able to afford to sack him.

When we hired Dyche he had been out of work for the better part of a year and we were in the bottom 3. By his own admission, Dyche was delighted to have got the Everton job, it was a job beyond his wildest dreams. That being the case, you would imagine that even a board as inept as ours would have written a relegation clause into the contract.

If that was the case we should bin him at the end of the season and take a chance with a progressive young coach from the lower divisions who will be happy to work within a small budget and develop players from the youth system into first teamers. Grock football will not get us out of the championship these days, at least not in the direction we would like to get out. He is a dinosaur who's unique selling point was that he would keep us up.

If Dyche fails to keep us up he should go, but, and where Everton's board are concerned, it's a big but., If it is going to cost us a packet to get shut of him, I don't think we will be able to afford to sack him.
If he’s delighted to be here then I’ll be honest he’s hiding it well

Prob struggle unless they buy. But that wasnt the point. He is clearly a different type of coach and at some point Everton should be looking at that. Potter might still be an option. But let him build it right from the bottom upwards.
Like we would give anyone time for a bottom up rebuild! Unfortunately we still think we are 1980's everton. But due to clueless incompotence we missed the PL commercial money making band wagon and have over a long time become a borderline championship club.
We understandably as fans get frustrated and we direct fume in all directions. One minute its all the boards fault and no manager has a chance, then we blame the players, then we blame the manager, then fans blame the other fans etc etc. We need to just focus on getting a new board and stop this merrygoround of managers. Its so easy for the board to sack a manager and put some other person in to manage a sinking ship and blame the fans that we wanted them out. Deflect...deflect.... Its too late to change anything for this season so why get on Sean and the players back they are the only ones that can actually get us out of this mess. Consolodate the fume on the board and dont let up untill the required structural changes to the club are made.

Needs to be brave in the next few game's more of the same isn't an option we need wins.
I don't think Dyche does brave in the sense you desire. He has his line-up and a style of play, he starts with it and pretty much sticks with it throughout the game.

Unless it's forced, we don't change until 70 minutes past and even then it's one-dimensional. We need our full backs supporting, but they sit deep by instruction.

This isolates McNeil and Iwobi (or whoever). When was the last time we did an overlap? How often do we get to the byline? It's lump it up and stay isolated.

We need him to mix things up, but I don't think that's in his mindset sadly. I wonder what the players think of how we play?

I don't think Dyche does brave in the sense you desire. He has his line-up and a style of play, he starts with it and pretty much sticks with it throughout the game.

Unless it's forced, we don't change until 70 minutes past and even then it's one-dimensional. We need our full backs supporting, but they sit deep by instruction.

This isolates McNeil and Iwobi (or whoever). When was the last time we did an overlap? How often do we get to the byline? It's lump it up and stay isolated.

We need him to mix things up, but I don't think that's in his mindset sadly. I wonder what the players think of how we play?
I agree with you.
Just living in hope

I'm pretty disillusioned with dyche at this point I erroneously believed he had some Moyes like traits , where he could instill some defensive resolve but adopt a direct pragmatic style of attacking, but he is devoid of any flexibility whatsoever. I figured he would use this opportunity with Everton to rebrand himself as he always whinged he was misunderstood and had greater versatility to his management. That was bunk , unfortunately his style of football is archaic and no longer revelant , I think pulis and the grand neanderthal himself Allardyce would be undone now with how the majority of teams play in the premier league, not that you can't be defensive but you need dynamism along with it like thomas Frank or even ol roy he was always known to be conservative with his tactics has blended that philosophy with a more fluid approach since hes been back. Just exasperated by this season hopefully we survive either way he needs to kick rocks

Needs to be brave in the next few game's more of the same isn't an option we need wins.

He's gone % football which makes sense in a relegation fight. Lampard nearly relegated us until he realised to do the same.

Issue is, we are a worse team now. Richarlison was our talisman.

If we beat Fulham I'd have still fancied us. Prior Fulham, when Dyche come in I'd have snapped arm off for us to be in that position. That game was nail in the coffin for me.

He's gone % football which makes sense in a relegation fight. Lampard nearly relegated us until he realised to do the same.

Issue is, we are a worse team now. Richarlison was our talisman.

If we beat Fulham I'd have still fancied us. That game was nail in the coffin for me.
The other issue is that it's much closer this year than it was last year, with other teams picking up victories (or a series of them) here and there.

As you mention, we're playing percentage football and hoping to sneak a victory but if not get a draw, whereas other teams are picking up those vital points.

The draws against Chelsea, Spurs, Palace and Forest are matched by a win and a draw against lesser teams, although they're actually exceeding them.

We need a win and on Monday and one or two more, or it's all done for as other teams will get a victory before the end of the season.

Screenshot_20230428_114159_Chrome.jpg

I just don't get what leaving Patterson out is achieving.

The in vogue thing in the league atm is to have 1 offensive full back and 1 defensive who tucks in to make a 3 when in possession. Have Patterson acting as a winger in possession and tuck Godfrey in as the 3rd defender on the left. More stable in possession while making the pitch wider.

Instead we have a flat rigid 4 with neither full back overlapping when the wide men cut inside. We are narrow and easy to defend.

This is entirely on dyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.