Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager of the season, for beating Bournemouth at home.

Way too funny.

One picture shuts you right down....

Vitor-Pereira.jpg

Behind maybe only Eddie Howe and De Zerbi (Guardiola has all those resources so doesn't count) I'd say Dyche was manager of the season...and he only had 18 games.
I'd agree with the Di Zerbi shout, but whilst I think Howe is a good coach, the Saudi blood money has helped him a bit ..

I'd agree with the Di Zerbi shout, but whilst I think Howe is a good coach, the Saudi blood money has helped him a bit ..
Yes, but coordinating that was impressive. They were a relegation threatened club just over a year ago.

Staying up is in our DNA by now. Not that I want to test that theory ever again.
It's easy to say on reflection, but perhaps it was more the doubts of our rivals.
And the traditional view of Everton as a big club. They knew we would fight.

Leicester may have won a recent title and F.A. Cup, but they didn't have the bottle to fight when it mattered.
I'll look back on this campaign with real wonderment in years to come.

How we got out of this is beyond me, really.
It's also easy to say it should never happen again but that has to be it as far as relegation battles and Everton are concerned.

Pedigree or not, the more we play with fire, the more chance we'll get burnt.

Staying up is in our DNA by now. Not that I want to test that theory ever again.
It's easy to say on reflection, but perhaps it was more the doubts of our rivals.
And the traditional view of Everton as a big club. They knew we would fight.

Leicester may have won a recent title and F.A. Cup, but they didn't have the bottle to fight when it mattered.
I'll look back on this campaign with real wonderment in years to come.

How we got out of this is beyond me, really.
It's also easy to say it should never happen again but that has to be it as far as relegation battles and Everton are concerned.

Pedigree or not, the more we play with fire, the more chance we'll get burnt.
The weight of 7 decades unbroken top flight status affected our rivals more than us in the end I think.

We are the most successful club in the country by some distance in maintaining our elite status. 120 seasons at the top of English football.

In fact, can there be any club in Europe with that type of record?

The weight of 7 decades unbroken top flight status affected our rivals more than us in the end I think.

We are the most successful club in the country by some distance in maintaining our elite status. 120 seasons at the top of English football.

Absolutely.

I'd never poo-poo that record in the face of the Premier League media overhype.

It is a tremendous achievement and one everyone associated with the club should be proud of.

The corollary is that we can't bank on it in the here and now. It has to be the foundation for better.

Sky are always driving the arsenal train regarding relegation against us

Status
Not open for further replies.