Summer transfer window 2023

This Ekitike lad looks alright. Nearly 28 full games (2,515 mins) in Ligue 1 with 13 goals and 8 assists. That’s a contribution every 75mins.

Loan with option to buy might sting us though because PSG paid €28.5m for him and they’ll wanna make that back.

I don't know where people get the energy from to come up with conspiracies and unfounded opinions on every rumour of a transfer it must be exhausting to do it.

49F49230-2CA5-43A5-9FC6-4DD3F0BA11E1.jpeg

C57CCB7E-97B9-4439-B48B-1B5B48F8A263.jpeg

The deal you say is never going to happen is similar in cost, and possibly structure, to the one done for Onana last summer. So even in a very financially difficult environment it has happened.

Who knows if they do want to go down the experienced PL player route again? It's being assumed, and some at the club might, but maybe Thelwell and Purdy want to invest what we do have in the future rather than some "do a job" 27 year old. Maybe after the Maupay fiasco even the people higher up who have overruled them in the past are willing to let them do that. Also, Ekitike has played a fair amount of first team football for his age he isn't a total novice like Chermiti.

I'm not saying it will happen but wouldn't write it off as impossible.
Yeah, the reason I don't think it will happen financially is because of the fact we are buying Chermiti and I expect us to spend most of our cash on a winger.

Hope you're right on the latter. Would be about time.