Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patterson is becoming a serious hinderance. We played OK but we need a sat nav for these players of where the goal is.

I am going to have a little go at Pickford here.....The wolves keeper 'Sa' is ready to come off his line and claim crossed balls within 6-8yds. I would rather a keeper do that than stay on his line. I feel Pickford is terrified of crosses and most times stays on his line

I'm more saddened that I'm used to the disappointment these days.

It wasn't a bad performance, that's two out of our three games so far that I don't feel we deserved to lose.

Yet here we are once more. The Board's negligence in addressing our long lasting striker issues has hurt us again, and this in the middle of our 'easy start'.

If I feel anything at all it's utter disgust for their incompetence. Today's effort was okay even if the result wasn't, but that won't keep us up.

For most of the game we played alright to be fair. It's always the end ball. The end cross and some lapsadazy finishing when it does get there.
Danjouma, tark and dacoure all a
squandered sitters

Sick of this rubbish every week, this club would try the patience of a saint.

One on one missed - check
Their keeper playing a blinder - check
Var call going against us again - check
Opposition scoring late on with only shot on target - check

It is absolutely beyond a bloody joke.
Wolves missed a sitter
Pickford had a very good game
The linesman already had his flag up and VAR confirmed it. That's not a call going against us, that's just offside.
They didn't have just the one shot on target.

It's a sickener but lets not start seeing things that aren't there. None of it applies to the drubbing against Villa for instance.

If Young is not going to cross the half line and when he does put in the most trash balls possible, just put Myko in. He might get closer than 8 yards(meters, whatever)away from a guy putting his foot on the ball and then crossing it. Christ, I would have expected better from my daughter's u11 team.

For Doucoure’s offside goal, I don’t think the ball was meant for him, if he leaves it to Chermitti, it’s 1-0.

We also have a real full back problem. Patterson just isn’t improving, Young has been at fault for at least 3 goals now and Myko is below average.

Danjuma has to score at least 1 of his chances, the 1v1 was a better opportunity than Maupay’s against Fulham in my opinion. Keepers just seem to be having worldview at Goodison for some reason.

If we don’t beat Sheff Utd next week then we’re goosed already. Which is mad because we should be sitting on 6pts.

People digging out Dyche.

His job is to set the team up to create more clear cut chances than the opposition; he did that in both the Fulham game and today.

He also showed flexibility in player selection; rightfully dropping Keane & Maupay, opting for Branthwaite & Dobbin (and even later on, Chermiti & Cannon from the bench ahead of Maupay).

Played 3, lost 3, goals scored 0. It’s hard to stay positive. But we’re looking much better under Dyche than we ever did under Lampard.

And at the risk of sounding like a broken record: if we’d have signed a striker before the season, we’d be sitting on 6 points now.

We did ok to merit at least 4 points in the two home games. Getting 0 has relegation written all over it, even at this stage.

The worry is there'll be plenty of sides that we won't come near and not be unlucky at all, like last Sunday.

Desperately need a result against Sheff Utd now. Another couple of defeats and the players start to accept that this is the year. All of a sudden 10 games are gone and we're rooted at the bottom, or bottom three.

I try to be optimistic, but these are desperately dark times.

Status
Not open for further replies.