Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more saddened that I'm used to the disappointment these days.

It wasn't a bad performance, that's two out of our three games so far that I don't feel we deserved to lose.

Yet here we are once more. The Board's negligence in addressing our long lasting striker issues has hurt us again, and this in the middle of our 'easy start'.

If I feel anything at all it's utter disgust for their incompetence. Today's effort was okay even if the result wasn't, but that won't keep us up.
If you can't score you ain't going to win. I agree with all that you said

That goal goes down as a Pickford mistake for me. He really should have come out for the cross. Compare him to Sa who claimed everything
Tarkowsi clocks him at the edge of the area, then starts ball watching, the Wolves player is throwing his hand in the air to call for a pass, Tarkowski gives him about a yard and a half of space, he ghosts past him, completely ignored, and as the ball comes in Tarkowski is an arm's length away and under the flight of the ball

He's a 6'6" striker who's just been brough on specifically for this reason, an absolute shocker there all round

Patterson is becoming a serious hinderance. We played OK but we need a sat nav for these players of where the goal is.

I am going to have a little go at Pickford here.....The wolves keeper 'Sa' is ready to come off his line and claim crossed balls within 6-8yds. I would rather a keeper do that than stay on his line. I feel Pickford is terrified of crosses and most times stays on his line
This exactly, [Poor language removed] on crosses, always has been. The wolves goalie would have got that easily.

Official ratings:

Pickford - 5 - Almost cost us a goal due to indecision, should have been out for their actual goal.
Patterson - 4 - The lad's got nothing about him at all.
Tarkowski - 4 - Looks awful. Some captain's performance that. Terrible in possession, terrible first touch, and terrible attempt at marking for their goal.
Branthwaite - 7 - Did nothing at all wrong and looked very calm on the ball.
Young - 3 - Absolutely atrocious today, definitely not the answer. He must have floated the ball slowly into the goalkeeper's arms over 10 times.
Onana - 3 - Yet another anonymous performance to go with the rest of them. Terrible, offered nothing whatsoever.
Gueye - 3 - Finished. Nothing else to say.
Doucouré - 5 - Energetic but quality-wise appalling. That header simply had to go in and he didn't even connect with it properly under no pressure.
Garner - 6 - Again played in a position he doesn't want to be in. Either play him central or don't play him. Better yet put him right back in place of the Scottish crab.
Dobbin - 5 - A few nice flicks but looked extremely lightweight and Semedo had him in his pocket while he was on the pitch.
Danjuma - 6 - Looked ok, positive at least but initial thoughts are he'll struggle to get more than a few goals this season.

-

Dyche - 5 - I respect the fact he finally made the necessary changes to his team and it's not his fault he's got a Championship squad. For once not an awful lot he could do about it.
Take a rest pal you need to calm down a little

this this this tbis tbis

The performance was not good. Wolves were terrible last season, they have lost their manager, replaced him with someone who had no management experience 18 months ago, sold all their best players and not replaced them.

They were full value for a point at Goodison. Both teams had goals disallowed. Both teams forced keepers into big saves. That they pushed on and got the winner is really disappointing.

We will face much tougher sides than Wolves.

It's hard to stay positive at the moment. But there were shoots of positivity today. Branthwaite being the main one. Dobbin and Chermiti are closer to the first team than I suspected. Danjuma had his moments.

We've lost 2 games at home against sides that will be bottom half without scoring so I get the doom and gloom. But the home performances aren't totally abject.

Def much better at home and in particular Dpucoure was much better today - Onana, Gana and Patterson not so much and Tarkowski was poor too.

Just needed a bit of luck but we looked out of energy and out of ideas after 60-65mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.