Summer transfer window 2023

Suspiciously quiet. Seen this every year though, going into the last day of transfer window needing 2-3 more players waiting for links to pop up and nothing really happens. Feel like we’re going to be scrambling round again tomorrow.
In fairness looking at our business this summer no one really knew when they were coming in until basically the deals were done. We were linked with Harrison, Beto and Danjuma ages ago but there was really no word on them until it was done basically. The club has gotten much better in the last year or so with keeping stories quiet, most of the time like with Adams and Gnonto this summer it's the selling club that leak it, probably to put the pressure on.

He was easily the best player on the pitch in that horrible first half last night and he's the one who provided the pass for Beto.

He can get better, absolutely, but I'm beginning to wonder if people have it in for the lad. He's made big improvements this season already. Lot more influential already than last season.
So far today I’ve read that Doucoure, Mykolenko and now Onana supplied that ball to Beto. Jeez.

Or we could of done the sensible thing and sold him to them ourselves and gotten all the money.

Terrible deal, zero reason to put a £1m option to buy on a loan player. No idea what that big nose kopite was thinking with this debacle.

We probably would have gotten nothing sitting on our bench or playing for the U21s mate.

If Cannon is involved, Ndidi or Sulemana with some cash going their way in return.

Which do you choose?

I like Ndidi mate but very injury prone, Sulemana is a bit like Chermiti for me, raw potential, he’s very boom and bust, he will develo but not one for right now in my opinion. Would prefer one of the Leeds lads or the ice cream man.

Last edited:

Build around Beto and McNeil. Get Dwight a winger or fullback to partner with and get someone with pace that can partner with Beto up top that will work hard on both sides and provide just the right amount of flair. It doesn’t necessarily have to happen this window, but that should be the blueprint. I can see the argument of moving Dwight centrally as well but get that left side going as a priority.