Summer transfer window 2023

HERE WE GO

Never saw that coming :eek:

Be hilarious if Iwobi and Maupay go on to be a success at Fulham and Brentford

It would be fabulous as then Iwobi would generate some add on fees and someone may buy maupay.

Wait does Sulemana predominantly play on the right? He’s the guy to be going for surely

Left but can play both sides.

FFS don't give any buy option make it mandatory ffs. Don't want to see Maupay back here like all of our other loanees every single year. We've not been able to flog a single one in years.

Perhaps because hes a stopgap for them and in the spotlight for a sale next summer.

It’s not good timing waiting until next year if we haemorrhage goals this year. I know he was as bad as DCL but talent wise, we’ve not replaced Mina (I’m hoping Branthwaite keeps getting better as the season goes on but he was on the books anyway).

Despite the positive recruitment up front, we’re still a long way off being free from a relegation fight this season.

Still, you’re right that it will be good to make changes next given those contracts. Just wish we were a bit more solid at the back now.

1st summer = Midfield
2nd summer = Attack
3rd summer = Defence?

If we let young and coleman leave out of contract and holgate, keane and godfrey only have a year left next summer we could sell at low fees and break even or profit on their book values.

We should be pestering for Bakayoko

100%.

I personally like Iwobi - but we are making out like bandits with this sale.

He wasn’t going to re-sign. We quit playing him in the position that he’s most effective.
Yeah if we’re not going to play him in midfield and just continue putting him out on the wing there’s not really much point - a shame that he wasn’t played more in midfield as it played a lot more to his strengths.

22 mil for a 27 year old with less than a year on his contract is sound.

He 100% needs replacing before the deadline tho.