2023/24 Dele

I feel that Dele is exactly the type of player that we should be taking a gamble on. Granted, you can only afford a small amount of such gambles at a club such as ours, but the potential pay-off is massive.

He needs support and help to get through what he has been struggling with. All of these were unknowns at the contract agreement, he was simply a footballer struggling to regain form. There was no ability to structure an approach to help him regain form beyond, 'lets just try something different'. Now we have a pathway towards recovery, attributes that we can measure progression against, a genuine way forward that will help both the player and in turn, the team.

Yes, there is a risk, but I would argue that there is a bigger risk of any player coming in and suffering a career threatening/long term injury. At least with Dele, there is a modicum of control over recovery and response. Now that there is a better understanding of his issues, they can be monitored going forward.
We've already taken a gamble on him and it failed. It then failed again in Turkey after he'd already failed at spurs. It's just not happening with him. I hope it does but I just can't see it.
I have only just got back from gurnsey, so now I can answer.

The only reason I am responding to you is because you are accusing me of spreading false information when you are.

I have no intention of mass debating with you lot over Dele, this is my last say on it.

1)below is a picture of dele taking illegal drugs
2) the illegal drug he is taking is soon to be criminalised further as a class c
3) below is a link to the act
4) below is summary of the act
5) law is defined in terms of express and implied terms just because something is not explicitly stated doesn’t mean it isn’t covered
6) lots of moral arguments for supporting Dele, when in fact the risk of him dragging other people down with him, the hole in our budget due him, the consequences this may cause + the actual best thing for Dele may well be away from football. Therefore there is also a moral argument that the “do good” is not actually doing good.
7)Gateway Drug Theory is a known phenomenon, for the people who think I am making this up.

View attachment 226459

The Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 made it an offense to produce, supply, or possess psychoactive substances for human consumption. While the act doesn't explicitly mention "nitrous oxide" or "laughing gas," it is designed to cover a wide range of substances with psychoactive effects. Nitrous oxide, when used recreationally for its psychoactive effects, falls under the purview of this act.

Here are some relevant sections of the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016:

1. Section 3 - Psychoactive substances: This section defines what a psychoactive substance is under the act. It broadly covers substances that produce a psychoactive effect in a person when consumed.
  2. Section 4 - Prohibitions: This section outlines the offenses related to psychoactive substances, including production, supply, and possession with intent to supply for human consumption. Possession for personal use would generally be considered a violation of this act.
Please note that while nitrous oxide is not explicitly listed, its use for recreational purposes to induce a psychoactive effect is considered illegal under this act. Laws and regulations may evolve, so it's always a good idea to consult with legal professionals or government sources for the most current information.
It's not illegal mate.. And just because he took it then doesn't automatically mean he's taking it now or has done recently.

It's not illegal mate.. And just because he took it then doesn't automatically mean he's taking it now or has done recently.
No, apparently it means he’s mainlining heroin because laughing gas is a gateway drug mate don’t you know?

He’s probably already got at least three other squad members chasing the dragon too because he’s a terrible influence.

Again, you are wrong, possession is not illegal. Personal consumption is not illegal.

Possession with intent to supply. Or supply knowing the person may use it for consumption is illegal. It’s pretty basic.

Does back from Gurnsey mean back from a ban?
Can’t believe I have to explain this further after providing you with the act and summary of the act 🤣 you bolded every bit except bits you chose to ignore 🤣

Possession is not illegal if you are a doctor.
Possession is not illegal if you just fancy having some on you because you like the shinny colour of the tins.

Possession for psychoactive purpose is illegal.
Using for psychoactive purpose is illegal.
The act is very clear. Try reading it.

I will you give you the benefit of the doubt you missed the subtle point in the “basic”
act, rather than just wanting to spread false information.

I hope to god you are not a legal professional,
If so do you work in the public sector? Anyway I don’t really care, explaining basic stuff to people I find boring.

Can’t believe I have to explain this further after providing you with the act and summary of the act 🤣 you bolded every bit except bits you chose to ignore 🤣

Possession is not illegal if you just fancy having some on you because you like the shinny colour of the tins.

I will you give you the benefit of the doubt you missed the subtle point in the “basic”

If so do you work in the public sector? Anyway I don’t really care, explaining basic stuff to people I find boring.
I work in the public sector with many Evertonians & very proud to do so

Possession is NOT illegal right NOW
It is NOT is the Act so stop pretending it is
It WILL be illegal, but it is NOT NOW

A Person cannot be prosecuted for something until it actually becomes illegal
but Dele should come on here to read your tripe, he wouldn't need any laughing gas then!

Read Section 1.7 and then shut up

What if you were given £10m and then your whole family died?

What if you were given £10m and then lost the use of your limbs in a horrific car accident?

Well those things I’m assuming would have happened weather I found or was given the 10m

So in those scenarios I would be able to take time off work and deal with the loss of my loved ones without the stress of money 💰

In the second scenario at least I would be able to convert my house and get the full time care I would need without being a burden on the NHS.

In any case both those scenarios would be improved if I had 10m