Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They've only owned them since 2021 (I think) and took them over cos they were struggling.

The question would be then what they're doing to provide them with funds to help. You'd have to find out what transfer budgets they got this season really..

Edit - [Poor language removed] all by the looks of it lol
That's quite a while really in this business, especially nowdays

The ownership of the Royal Liver building moving forward is interesting. I have a feeling (just a guess) that MSP will end up owning it. The original deal with them included the option to purchase equity in the club as repayment of the loan, the deal was then was diluted down to a £100m straight loan. Did they lend Everton/Moshiri an unsecured £100m loan whilst they are actively engaged in selling the club?

Moshiri with Coreststate Holdings purchased the RLB in 2017 for £48m, it was put up for sale last year for £90m but it wasn’t sold.

Some of the MSP group (Andy Bell and George Downing) are local property developers/investors, you’d think the RLB would be an interesting investment for them. Is it possible the £100 loan was secured with a future option to take ownership of the RLB. In say 5 years when it’s potentially worth £120m they can purchase for £100m and the loans repaid?

Probably way off, just something I was mulling over, it would have advantages for all parties. MSP cover their risk, they would be speculating on the future value of the RLB (their core business) not the future success of EFC, it’s potentially a good financial investment and would be a flagship property for them, they also get to help out their club whilst making money.

For Moshiri he doubles his money on the asset and uses it to complete the next phase of the stadium which has enabled him to sell the club for £500m, the value of EFC was reported previously to be in the upper £300m range last year. Also awkward questions regarding the ownership and sources of Corestate’s funding are kicked down the road.

The club get the next stage of the stadium build secured, new ownership with fresh ideas and Evertonians retain ownership of the RLB ( for the PR optic).

Cool story?

The corporate property sector has taken a hammering since Covid and people working from home. Granted the RLB building is maybe less susceptible to these changes rather than a standard office building, but it has to have some effect. And who would accept an option to buy something for 2.5 times its previous sale value as security on a 100M loan? And if it didn't sell for 90M that would lead me to believe its not close to that value, so hoping that in a couple of years it will have gained an additional 30%+ in value is somewhat optimistic. That's outside that the 100M loan was to the club company owning the stadium, and that company presumably doesn't have any level of ownership of the RLB. I'm not in the legal or financial field, but I find it tough to believe that you can use something as security that you don't actually own.

Does anyone else think they will sell off Bramley Moor then rent it back? So basically we become tenants, whilst all the revenue goes to whoever buys it
Crazy if they do that as it is prob the best thing the club has at this team apart from being a premier league team. The club getting this stadium done will add huge value to them add that to them fixing the playing side even if they get us just below mid table away from relegation. I am sure if they wanted to after that will make alot of money selling the club if they wanted adding in to maybe a new prem tv rights deal

777 might as well be 666 because they will be the final nail in the coffin for us done absolutely nothing with their other teams except relegation. How could the excitement of a billionaire owner end like this clubs been finished for a few seasons now but this is the finale.

777 might as well be 666 because they will be the final nail in the coffin for us done absolutely nothing with their other teams except relegation. How could the excitement of a billionaire owner end like this clubs been finished for a few seasons now but this is the finale.
As far as I can see their clubs have had two relegations (Genoa, Hertha) and two promotions (Genoa, Vasco) during their ownership. And both relegation seasons were already in progress when they took over.

Poll added

15k votes;

Screenshot_20230915_185905_X.jpg