777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Is there more to it than simple finance and cash flow issues ?

Did he perhaps have to get out of Dodge pronto with whatever deal he could get ?

There must be so many skeletons rattling around in that boardroom cupboard.
Has to be, he’s been anonymous for a long time even allowing for the issues with the board. This has been a fire sale and it’s difficult to see how these guys can be anything but bad news!

Of the clubs they are majority/outright owners of....

Hertha Berlin - Relegated and currently second from bottom of the German 2nd Tier
Genoa - Promoted after relegation. Currently 14th in Serie A
Standard Liege - Finished 6th their first season under ownership. Currently 14th in the 16 team Belgian Pro League with no wins from 6.
Red Star - Currently flying at the top of the French 3rd Tier.
Vasco Da Gama - Promoted from the 2nd Tier after a two year absence. Currently in the Brazilian Serie A relegation zone 21 games into a 38 game season.
Melbourne Victory - Absolute car crash. Widely considered to have had the worst season in their history following 777's takeover.

Not much evidence of notable investment in any of their teams either. On the flipside there's nothing to suggest blatant asset stripping which could be interpreted as a more long term self sustained model being the target. Of course without a massive in-depth look at each and every club and everything that has happened it's difficult to lay blame anywhere in particular but there's certainly a lot to be massively wary of.

To me this looks like a deal that works for Moshiri rather than Everton. Time will tell I suppose but I'm not very optimistic that it leaves us in a notably better position as a team on the field or provides a step in the right direction for the club as a whole. In their defence it is relatively early days as majority owners of a lot of their "portfolio".

Think they could go along way to settling fans nerves if they come out and explain plans around footballing side of things. All ive seen these guys talk about is the commercial side of business.

Just makes us think they want money. Money, money. They need to get us as a football club.
I want them to say they will invest in players. and know they won't just roll over and sell someone like onana for 30mill and give 10 mill of it to Thelwell.

Of the clubs they are majority/outright owners of....

Hertha Berlin - Relegated and currently second from bottom of the German 2nd Tier
Genoa - Promoted after relegation. Currently 14th in Serie A
Standard Liege - Finished 6th their first season under ownership. Currently 14th in the 16 team Belgian Pro League with no wins from 6.
Red Star - Currently flying at the top of the French 3rd Tier.
Vasco Da Gama - Promoted from the 2nd Tier after a two year absence. Currently in the Brazilian Serie A relegation zone 21 games into a 38 game season.
Melbourne Victory - Absolute car crash. Widely considered to have had the worst season in their history following 777's takeover.

Not much evidence of notable investment in any of their teams either. On the flipside there's nothing to suggest blatant asset stripping which could be interpreted as a more long term self sustained model being the target. Of course without a massive in-depth look at each and every club and everything that has happened it's difficult to lay blame anywhere in particular but there's certainly a lot to be massively wary of.

To me this looks like a deal that works for Moshiri rather than Everton. Time will tell I suppose but I'm not very optimistic that it leaves us in a notably better position as a team on the field or provides a step in the right direction for the club as a whole. In their defence it is relatively early days as majority owners of a lot of their "portfolio".
Make that 108,000 Yen.

It will be good to get rid of the bumbling Moshiri and his board of incompetent cheerleaders and this group will make us about the 5th wealthiest owned club in the premier league but they are going to have to do a lot better than they have in the past. Their history of football club ownership so far is really poor. None of the clubs have done anything significant and most are really struggling. We are the biggest and most prestige club they will have owned so far though and they wont want to lose all their investment.

Just going to have to wait and see what happens. We are at gutter level currently so nothing will be a shock. Expect the worst and anything else will be a bonus.

We got the wrong one as it turned out, his biggest mistake was not clearing out the boardroom and getting professionals in. Early days but it seems to be going okay for Newcastle, not sure it would if they would have kept Mike Ashley as Chairman.
Not an unfair shout. Certainly more balanced than the 'kenwrong sold Lukaku before the semi final against man u so he wasn't arsed and so we. lost' type beauts.

*I know he didn't

Last edited:
I'm a bit unsure about the whole thing, but if these are the people who'll finally see Kenwright off then let it happen.

This club has no hope under the Moshiri/Kenwright regime. I'd rather have some hope than no hope at all.

Last edited:
As bad as this is for us you have to feel for the Genoa and Standard Liege supporters who have woke up and found out that their best players are being sold for a pittance to Everton in the immediate future.
I could see someone like Morten Frendrup (young Danish midfielder who likes a tackle but can start an attack with a decent pass forward) of Genoa coming in.