777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the big question for me is why. Why would anyone buy a failing business at a low ebb, the biggest reason has to be to improve its position and sell at a profit.
What would they gain from buying something only for it to fall further away? Thats the bit I cant get my head round.

They wouldn't buy something for it to fall further away. They're confident they can prevent that. Also have to remember the deal is apparently performance related (so 777 will pay less if we go down)... they're managing risk.

Everton wouldn't be for sale if it wasn't for Russian sanctions.

Anyone engaging with 777 at this stage are doing harm.

777 don't want the boat rocked during regulatory approval.

It's an exercise from them to engage to appease and anyone accepting that for their own ego are patsies
Or shameless self-promoters.

I get it. There's a story, which means there's a job to do, so people do it. We might learn some things. We will probably learn more from what isn't said. As long as people take the approach that their words should be parsed carefully, engagement probably does more good than harm. Just because someone covering the story has to 'be a patsy' and serve as their mouthpiece to receive access doesn't mean we have to be.

I think the big question for me is why. Why would anyone buy a failing business at a low ebb, the biggest reason has to be to improve its position and sell at a profit.
What would they gain from buying something only for it to fall further away? Thats the bit I cant get my head round.
They will believe that Everton can be better than our current position. They will believe they can turn it around, make the club more sustainable and valuable, and maybe make a profit in due course.

There's potentially an awful lot of improvement that you can make at this club. Whether they are capable of making the improvements is the question, but I think it's possible.

They wouldn't buy something for it to fall further away. They're confident they can prevent that. Also have to remember the deal is apparently performance related (so 777 will pay less if we go down)... they're managing risk.

Everton wouldn't be for sale if it wasn't for Russian sanctions.

So the concern is their ability to do what they say they're going to do and whether they have the backing to do it?

They will believe that Everton can be better than our current position. They will believe they can turn it around, make the club more sustainable and valuable, and maybe make a profit in due course.

There's potentially an awful lot of improvement that you can make at this club. Whether they are capable of making the improvements is the question, but I think it's possible.
Not by this group , based on the evidence we have.
They can turn a good profit off us by just avoiding relegation each season.
Just take the tv money , and any sponsorship that comes in , basically the bare minimum (if any ) investment for the maximum available return is their modus operandi.
Plus any Everton badged financial product they can hustle the support to purchase.

So the concern is their ability to do what they say they're going to do and whether they have the backing to do it?

Well, actions>words isn't it?

Personally, I don't care what 777 have to say.

Why would I trust what they had to say?

Am I cynical, or is the reality that they're going to say whatever is in their interest to get fans onside?

Of course they see Everton as a way to make money. Josh Wander's public comments leave no doubt on their view towards fans as customers.

For me, my own concern is based on my (albeit, limited) understanding of what type of group 777 Partners are, and the press and fan protests at their other clubs. For me, that's the action you take note of, not words.

Sure, they acquire clubs in distress so there's going to be some angst, but they don't read well do they?

actions>words.

Actions don't seem good and so my expectations are low. If they do get approved, I'm hoping they're not a disaster, as opposed to holding hope they're good.

Which is fine as long as those urging us to accept the process are not the ones urging us to protest in years to come.
The evidence against them is currently overwhelmingly and inarguably negative, they are not to be trusted and as someone who owns and runs a business, I would never choose to do any business with them.
They are untrustworthy and are already guilty of causing severe distress and damagec to businesses they own or have an interest in by their very poor financial practices.
To encourage us to allow this group to gain ownership without a word of complaint is like asking an innocent man to face a firing squad in the vain hope the guns have been loaded with blanks.

I am bemused by the "wait and see" attitude that many have. The problem with this tactic is that if/when it does go wrong - no amount of protests, bedsheets or forced rescheduling of matches (see Utd) will get rid of them once they're in the door as they live on the other side of the world and will probably be tucked up in bed whilst Everton are playing football matches.

@ForeverBlue92 will not accept these cowboys neither will he forget the names of those who have actively promoted their proposed takeover.

Not by this group , based on the evidence we have.
They can turn a good profit off us by just avoiding relegation each season.
Just take the tv money , and any sponsorship that comes in , basically the bare minimum (if any ) investment for the maximum available return is their modus operandi.
Plus any Everton badged financial product they can hustle the support to purchase.

I would also imagine they'll use any profit from us / TV money to help make payments to their other businesses / clubs on time rather than putting it all back into EFC.

This lot are a skint/more corrupt version of Mike Ashley.