2023/24 Abdoulaye Doucoure

The contrast between this current page, and page 18 on this same thread is quite astounding.
TBF mate that's because his performances are so away from each other week by week.

He has definitely improved under Dyche in terms of goals though.

I will reappraise and judge him as a striker from now on because that’s what he is and where he’s playing. Doing his job as a striker currently.

I judge him as a clown due to how much of a donkey he is with the ball. As a clown he's doing a fantastic job.

Horrid player to watch but fair play he's knocking them in and in a team that doesn't score lots and lots, he's not going to get dropped.

Took me a couple of watches to see how and why the ball bounced back out towards the penalty spot after he scored turned out he’d hit it that hard from that close out it ricocheted back off the middle post behind the goal

I judge him as a clown due to how much of a donkey he is with the ball. As a clown he's doing a fantastic job.

Horrid player to watch but fair play he's knocking them in and in a team that doesn't score lots and lots, he's not going to get dropped.

I said the other week that he reminded me of Niasse who was also a very ungainly and clumsy striker that was effective because he worked really hard and also knew how to find space in the box and had a decent finish on him. Someone took offence to that comment as if I was having a go but it was actually a compliment.

Tasked with the role of running around and causing chaos in the opposition’s back line, and picking up scraps in the box, he’s doing a decent job. Just as Niasse did in the 2017/18 season. Let’s not complicate his role by asking him to play football.

I said the other week that he reminded me of Niasse who was also a very ungainly and clumsy striker that was effective because he worked really hard and also knew how to find space in the box and had a decent finish on him. Someone took offence to that comment as if I was having a go but it was actually a compliment.

Tasked with the role of running around and causing chaos in the opposition’s back line, and picking up scraps in the box, he’s doing a decent job. Just as Niasse did in the 2017/18 season. Let’s not complicate his role by asking him to play football.

I've bolded the bit at the bottom mate, trust me, no one asks Doucoure to play football lol

While Doucouré is far from the most pleasing footballer to watch, we are arguably a far better team with him in the XI than when he isn't there.

He comes across as gangly and clumsy, but he's effective: be that pressing, getting the ball moving up the pitch or being in the right place to score.

While Doucouré is far from the most pleasing footballer to watch, we are arguably a far better team with him in the XI than when he isn't there.

He comes across as gangly and clumsy, but he's effective: be that pressing, getting the ball moving up the pitch or being in the right place to score.
Completely disagree, he’s more productive away from home when we sit deep and break.

He’s been anonymous in almost every home game this season when the pressure is on us to take the game to teams