Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t play well today, but as dyche said there is spirit in the side. Hopefully the quality of the performance will improve moving forward.
You say that, and I do agree, but being in that away end today is like a footballing dream as a fan. Pegged back twice with a late winner will have the adrenaline and Madri flowing I’m sure.

If we are honest with each other we knew it was going to be tough game that could have went either way. It was a toss of the coin who wins that game. Fortunately, we won the toss. We are becoming a hard team to beat and when the defence is set up as good as can be then that gives us a chance. We may still class it as an ugly win but it looks like we are learning to win ugly. If that keeps us safe and bides the time until we are in the new stadium then I am all for it. We are building from the bottom up now and Dyche seems to have found the formula to win ugly. When Dyche gets the funds to spend then I will scrutinise more closely but until then I say Dyche has done a good job.

Another fantastic away performance, Dyche has lost just 4 games away from home since he joined (including his very first 2 aways at Arsenal and Liverpool!) celebrate it blues.
It must really sting for some on here to not be able to celebrate a win because of the baseless hill you want to die on… 😀

Another fantastic away performance, Dyche has lost just 4 games away from home since he joined (including his very first 2 aways at Arsenal and Liverpool!) celebrate it blues.
It must really sting for some on here to not be able to celebrate a win because of the baseless hill you want to die on… 😀
Fantastic result, I wouldn’t say it was a fantastic performance, a good performance certainly not fantastic. That would insinuate that we played Palace off the pitch, we didn’t

….watching that game I noticed Ray Lewington coaching from the Palace dug-out. It makes me feel really old to admit playing against him once in a game at Anfield. Thankfully @Alan Whittle i’m sure I didn’t play against Roy Hodgson!!!
So you are a Da!!!! The youngsters will now ignore you thinking your brain has shrivelled to a peanut and your opinion carries no substance :)
I too am a da!!! but believe the youngsters to be full of testosterone yet undeveloped brain cells as of yet ;)

we have spells where we have no composure and cant hold the ball, which then creates further pressure. We're looking more resilient though, grinding out some results
Exactly, in my opinion it’s nothing to do with quality or the technical ability of the players. We have good football players who can play. It’s composure and a bit of cleverness. Now whether Dyche is on the sidelines shouting at the players to get it up the park, I don’t know. But Pickford with his insistence on kicking long doesn’t help either.

Some thoughts from the Palace end;

Dyche has constructed a very fit, fairly disciplined unit with a very sold core. Pickford, Tarkowski / Branthwaite , Doucoure and DCL. The defensive CB pair are particularly strong.
Everton have a very good Plan A but I didn’t see any evidence of anything else. The first half particularly was a long ball into the Palace LB area. The early goal came from this, aided by some keystone cops defending by Palace. After that though, not much.
Everton remind me of Coppell’s 1990/91 Palace, strong and direct with a bit of snide plus three or four who can play. I liked Harrison today ( I say liked, but, you know!)
No comment on either Eze penalty incident, they were down the other end, too far away.
I thought we were the better footballing side and a fat lot of good it did us.
We will both finish in mid table at the end of the season.
Enjoy your evening lids!

I’m not sure how we won that TBF. Our passing needs to improve massively.I think if we had more than pace down the flanks it would make a difference.
Having said that our performance even though poor I thought their 2 goals were soft and preventable.
All 3 goals from us were excellent.
Thank god we won.

Status
Not open for further replies.