2023/24 Vitalii Mykolenko

No attacking output this lad though…..

Made up for him, always has been a proper grafted even when it hasn’t been going his way. Fit and in form he’s a very good player.
A very good player and Mykolenko don’t go together decent run of form yes he’s scored but he’s done nothing tremendous long way to go until he’s a very good player.

A very good player and Mykolenko don’t go together decent run of form yes he’s scored but he’s done nothing tremendous long way to go until he’s a very good player.

When he’s been fit he’s always defended well in my book. He’s now adding an attacking dimension to his game. There’s not many fullbacks that can do both effectively outside the very top ones in the league.

Why because he’s had a few decent performances, still looks like a league 1 player in possession first goal was off the back of his poor defending, he couldn’t get any worse could he so let’s hope it continues, despite his 2 recent goals needs to be much better in possession and front foot.
Our best player according to Whoscored.

I’d expect Eze to get the better of most players at least once in most matches. And it was 5 mins in as one of the quickest players in the league ran through.

When he’s been fit he’s always defended well in my book. He’s now adding an attacking dimension to his game. There’s not many fullbacks that can do both effectively outside the very top ones in the league.
1v1 back to goal he defends fine, quick play where he needs to be more aware of his position and danger he struggles. He’s in decent for with plenty of room for improvement which is good but I hope no one starts getting carried away and putting £80m price tags on mykolenko. Another positive is he’s no longer scared of passing the half way line and today he managed to jump to head the ball, all progress which is all you can ask for.

Our best player according to Whoscored.

I’d expect Eze to get the better of most players at least once in most matches. And it was 5 mins in as one of the quickest players in the league ran through.
Not saying he wasn’t good or hasn’t been good recently. Eze is class and was even at QPR a stand out player but the defending for it was poor but again find people making excuses for our players. Eg above it was Eze and 5 mins in don’t care if it’s messi and first 5 seconds it was poor. Also branthwaite first half saying can tell he’s got a knock no, he’s young and learning so he’s going to have games where he finds himself being caught out luckily he’s a top player and adapted second half and was better what’s the excuse for Onana today? Injured the tactics or he just didn’t turn up again?

Not saying he wasn’t good or hasn’t been good recently. Eze is class and was even at QPR a stand out player but the defending for it was poor but again find people making excuses for our players. Eg above it was Eze and 5 mins in don’t care if it’s messi and first 5 seconds it was poor. Also branthwaite first half saying can tell he’s got a knock no, he’s young and learning so he’s going to have games where he finds himself being caught out luckily he’s a top player and adapted second half and was better what’s the excuse for Onana today? Injured the tactics or he just didn’t turn up again?
I mean, Onana was also carrying a knock. He actually had the best passing accuracy in the game.

Players can have off days. Especially young players. Myko, Onana and Branthwaite have all shown vast signs of improvements over the last lot of games. Yeah, there is mistakes, but we aren’t Man City. We are a relegation scrapping side.

I mean, Onana was also carrying a knock. He actually had the best passing accuracy in the game.

Players can have off days. Especially young players. Myko, Onana and Branthwaite have all shown vast signs of improvements over the last lot of games. Yeah, there is mistakes, but we aren’t Man City. We are a relegation scrapping side.
I take no notice of passing accuracy stats when the majority of the passes are short back and sideways passes just like possession means nothing Crystal Palace will tell you that.

I take no notice of passing accuracy stats when the majority of the passes are short back and sideways passes just like possession means nothing Crystal Palace will tell you that.
Lots of stats are pointless such as possession. And the game may have passed him by etc. but I guess the point is, he wasn’t losing the ball and putting us on the back foot. He just wasn’t up to speed off the ball.