Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - team prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Round pegs in round holes, awareness of our strengths and playing to them. Solid at the back but always able to steal a goal, under Martinez we had all the possession in the world but did nothing with it. Obviously not perfect but Dyche and the players deserve praise
Exactly this. Echoes of Moyes. Extracting passion, determination and will to fight as a team until the end. Something that we will always appreciate regardless of any shortcomings in individual ability. Everton have always been best when a cohesive unit rather than having individuals to rely on. Our 80s success was based on this. Well done to Dyche and the players for building this spirit. It won't be enough for us to win every game but it will be enough for us to win enough games and to keep our heads up when things don't go our way. and to achieve our immediate goals. Fans have played their part too, giving the team a lift when needed. Never been happier this low down in the table. We will be fine if we can keep this siege mentality going

I know it's not technically the right thread for this but I absolutely have to give a shoutout to the guy on Twitter who called Ped a 'chubby Nerf dart' tonight lol I don't mind Ped really but that has proper finished me off hahaha

3 clean sheets in a week. A joy to watch
Defensively, we're resolute at the back. Pickford is leading from the back, Mykolenko was stupendous again, Tarkowski as always and Branthwaite...

... Branthwaite is a Rolls-Royce. His reading of the game is so good for his age. I thought the middle were pretty good again today, albeit a bit wasteful.

Chelsea are a strong side and Oliver let them get away with a lot, but we held our own for the most part. Once Gana had a yellow, it was sensible to take him off.

I was happy that Dyche took Dom off early because once again he looked a yard off the pace. There were times when he simply looked like he'd given up.

From what I can tell, he may be lacking in confidence at the moment, so I hope Dyche and the coaches can pump him up as one goal will do him the world of good.

On another note, I didn't really get how they were wanting to play today, which meant while they had possession, it was often pretty irrelevant - toothless.

Defensively, we're resolute at the back. Pickford is leading from the back, Mykolenko was stupendous again, Tarkowski as always and Branthwaite...

... Branthwaite is a Rolls-Royce. His reading of the game is so good for his age. I thought the middle were pretty good again today, albeit a bit wasteful.

Chelsea are a strong side and Oliver let them get away with too much, but we held our own for the most part. Once Gana had a yellow, it was sensible to take him off.

I was happy that Dyche took Dom off early because once again he looked a yard off the pace. There were times when he simply looked like he'd given up.

From what I can tell, he may be lacking in confidence at the moment, so I hope Dyche and the coaches can pump him up as one goal will do him the world of good.

On another note, I didn't really get how they were wanting to play today, which meant while they had possession, it was often pretty irrelevant - toothless.
We'll miss branthwaite v Burnley

Chelsea are a strong side and Oliver let them get away with a lot, but we held our own for the most part. Once Gana had a yellow, it was sensible to take him off.

Dom does seem to be less aggressive recently. Still not sure about beto.

Status
Not open for further replies.