New Everton Stadium Discussion

Seen a post recently form a blue on twitter, from what he was told at these ST holder migration meetings.

"We have a waiting list of around 30k - And its growing at 1k per month.

The new ground will give us around an extra 15k ST, making the total around 45K season ticket holders."

so that leaves 7-8k tickets for general sale PLUS away tickets.

Jesus - Imagine we actually got good!!!!
My rough guess was more like 10k extra + corporate, away and general sale. If its 15k ST extra thats great news for lots in the waitkisr. 1k a month is incredible, glad i got on it when i did!!

I've been mulling over the decision not to move to the new place until 25/26 since it was announced. I am a bit disappointed, as I am firmly in the camp that wants to see us down on the riverfront as soon as we can. But, the decision has been made and we are where we are.

As regards the financial reasons for the decision, I'm curious. Obviously, the costs of moving (training staff, orientation) are the same whenever we move. The lost income is the difference in full houses at the new place versus full houses at GP (and the increased revenue from food and drink at the new place).

On the face of it, not moving sooner results in a loss of income. Or does it? One thing that we don't yet know are the prices for season tickets for the last season at GP and the price of general admission, too. I wonder if the club will hike these prices up, knowing there will be huge demand for people to visit GP before the wrecking ball visits? We might see season tickets go up by 25% and general admission tickets might double. A hard nosed business decision like this might make up some of the potential lost income.
This is why I made my last Goodison pilgrimage last week.

But yes, prices will definitely rise significantly in the new stadium, whatever about Goodison's last season. And, frankly, if the club is to compete with the clubs we demand they compete against, so be it. It's sad, but that's been the way of things for decades now in the Premier League. The club didn't move to the new ground to charge Goodison prices or restrict themselves to the local market. That's just hard-nosed reality. The game has been moving away from its roots forever.

Do know what you mean, but I've had a soft spot for him ever since he went full in on Martinez at exactly the same time as I'd finally had enough.

A thing of beauty if you can be arsed....

Yes, that was the night a failing manager saw his position become utterly untenable. He should have been sacked coming back across Stanley Park. But we persevered under the delusion he would rouse the team for the cup semi...

My rough guess was more like 10k extra + corporate, away and general sale. If its 15k ST extra thats great news for lots in the waitkisr. 1k a month is incredible, glad i got on it when i did!!
It is incredible but,in a way, not surprising.

There was a lot of media on the new stand opening at Anfield yesterday and it gave Liverpool their highest attendance for over 50 years.

To put that into perspective that number would not get into the top 50 of Everton’s attendances at Goodison which I think shows a latent local support over the years. In fairness, our average attendances have wavered a lot even allowing for all those high numbers in the same seasons.

I hope the club can find a way to maximise safe standing opportunities because there is definite demand for us at BMD even with all the garbage that’s been served up on the pitch over the years.

I think we might underestimate the impact it will have on the city and that feel good factor will have some effect on impressionable kids who when they attend for the first time will be hooked…just like I was when I saw the green baize at Goodison at 7 years old.

Seen a post recently form a blue on twitter, from what he was told at these ST holder migration meetings.

"We have a waiting list of around 30k - And its growing at 1k per month.

The new ground will give us around an extra 15k ST, making the total around 45K season ticket holders."

so that leaves 7-8k tickets for general sale PLUS away tickets.

Jesus - Imagine we actually got good!!!!
All the club need to do is buy 100 large white plastic sheets that are interconnected and build a wall over the Park end and project the game for half price. Winner winner!

I am sorry to keep harping on about him but I am desperate to find out and I will drop it if he answers.

@davek Now that he who shall not be named won't be attending will you be going to Goodison again?
I am 100% sure you miss it, there are few places that can match it for atmosphere and my not being able to get there is the biggest downside to my re-location.
If not will you be going to the new gaff? Because you must admit, Booing on your own from wherever it is you watch just isn't the same as with 40,000 + other people is it?

Had a conversation today with some blues about season ticket pricing at BMD. The general view is it will be a 10 per cent rise. Thoughts folks?

Can see it going up 5-7% this year and then another 8 to 10% for the first season at BM. Although with 777 in charge they might blow those figures out the water, just depends how unpopular they want to make themselves early on.