Match Thread Everton v Manchester City - Team Prediction, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luton will beat Chelsea on Saturday and send us back into the bottom three. May as well call it now.. lol

Nothing really more we can do though. Unless we win pretty much 90% of our remaining fixtures... we're not getting out of the relegation scrap because the PL felt like using us as the canary in the coal mine.

For a team who'd won 1 in 6 in the league together with missing a couple of star players I thought we would've done more. Probably a unfair expectation because our recent run of form has been above where we are actually at right now.
We weren't positive enough second half. We kept winning it back and kept playing negative side ways passes to no one rather than getting at them.

The one time we did play positive passes forward, we created the DCL chance

City were extremely good and on it all night but we needed to be far braver. Their defensive set up leaves them very vulnerable

We weren't positive enough second half. We kept winning it back and kept playing negative side ways passes to no one rather than getting at them.

The one time we did play positive passes forward, we created the DCL chance

City were extremely good and on it all night but we needed to be far braver. Their defensive set up leaves them very vulnerable

I just felt like we wanted to win and they needed to win given their position. You are right about the 2nd half. The biggest chance we had of getting 3 points was going out and having a proper go at them again. In the end we did the predictable and the inevitable happened.

I just felt like we wanted to win and they needed to win given their position. You are right about the 2nd half. The biggest chance we had of getting 3 points was going out and having a proper go at them again. In the end we did the predictable and the inevitable happened.
They made tactical changes to really stretch the width of the pitch with Grealish and Silva. We couldn't get near them for 15 minutes.

A lot of that was because we couldn't find the right pass to get up the pitch and relieve some pressure.

Shame the forever docile Park End couldn't have come up with something witty in response to the gobshite City fans chanting 'cheating bastards' at us. But I suppose that would mean that end breaking the habit of a lifetime and actually singing.

But the biggest cheating bastards of all calling us cheats? Oh the irony.

Also given I live in between Liverpool and Manchester I had the misfortune to be on the same train home as loads of City fans overheard many of their conversations. Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard such a gang of arrogant knobheads ever. Even the RS have nothing on them. Total whoppers.

Shame the forever docile Park End couldn't have come up with something witty in response to the gobshite City fans chanting 'cheating bastards' at us. But I suppose that would mean that end breaking the habit of a lifetime and actually singing.

But the biggest cheating bastards of all calling us cheats? Oh the irony.

Also given I live in between Liverpool and Manchester I had the misfortune to be on the same train home as loads of City fans overheard many of their conversations. Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard such a gang of arrogant knobheads ever. Even the RS have nothing on them. Total whoppers.
Massively went down in my estimations tonight too

Status
Not open for further replies.