SEASON 2024/25

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
The Premier League 2024/25 season dates have been confirmed, with the campaign starting on 17 August 2024, 90 days after the 2023/24 Premier League concluded on 19 May.

The final match round of the 2024/25 season will be played on 25 May 2025, when all matches will kick off simultaneously as usual.

In keeping with previous commitments made to clubs to address the congested schedule across Christmas and New Year, arrangements will be made to allow more rest time over three of the festive match rounds, with no club playing within 60 hours of another match. There will be no fixture on 24 December 2024.

The 2024/25 season will consist of 33 weekends, four midweek round of matches and one Bank Holiday Matchweek.

The Premier League 2024/25 season dates have been confirmed, with the campaign starting on 17 August 2024, 90 days after the 2023/24 Premier League concluded on 19 May.

The final match round of the 2024/25 season will be played on 25 May 2025, when all matches will kick off simultaneously as usual.

In keeping with previous commitments made to clubs to address the congested schedule across Christmas and New Year, arrangements will be made to allow more rest time over three of the festive match rounds, with no club playing within 60 hours of another match. There will be no fixture on 24 December 2024.

The 2024/25 season will consist of 33 weekends, four midweek round of matches and one Bank Holiday Matchweek.
...withh Everton....if we're still in th PL...starting on -6 points.

shurrup dave why would we be?

honestly you chat tripe
I could actually see us being charged again this season and any points suspended until next season.

The end of the Pl cant come quick enough. I still want us to be in the top flight but with them out of business and looked upon and condemned by history as a catastrophic 3 decades in English football.

I could actually see us being charged again this season and any points suspended until next season.

The end of the Pl cant come quick enough. I still want us to be in the top flight but with them out of business and looked upon and condemned by history as a catastrophic 3 decades in English football.

charged again for what?

I'm amazed they don't bill matches between two clubs as West Ham United @ Chelsea etc.

An horrendous period of English football overseen by Murdoch and a gang of spivs who took control of the beautiful game.
Sky is owned by Comcast(huge American company) and not by Murdock

Is it just me that hates the term ‘game week #’or ‘match week #’ etc

Way too American sports terminology for me.
It's a bit clunky, alright. I understand the need to give each "matchday" a name, though - especially in the modern era when postponements are the exception rather than the norm they were, say, in the 1970s. I think if they're going to use a term, call it "round". So, "Premier League Round 6" or something. That conveys that most teams have played five matches - or at least should have by that point.

In Germany, they call it a matchday - Spieltag. So we get: 2. Spieltag for the second round, etc. Seems to work well enough here.

It's a bit clunky, alright. I understand the need to give each "matchday" a name, though - especially in the modern era when postponements are the exception rather than the norm they were, say, in the 1970s. I think if they're going to use a term, call it "round". So, "Premier League Round 6" or something. That conveys that most teams have played five matches - or at least should have by that point.

In Germany, they call it a matchday - Spieltag. So we get: 2. Spieltag for the second round, etc. Seems to work well enough here.
I see where you’re coming from, but ‘Round’ is just as bad and should be saved for cup competitions, but don’t get me started on the phrase - ‘the round of 16’.

Don’t see why anyone who can read a league table needs to be told where we’re up to.

I know I sound like an auld Da, but it unnecessarily winds me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.