Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - 1984 video, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they all looked knackered v wolves, I would rest as many as possible and concentrate on staying up, it's sounds negative but I can't take another nail biting and stressful end to the season.
I take it you’re not travelling then. You should always put your strongest team out , it’s the FA cup . People have paid a lot of hard earned cash the go to this game and see the blues win!!!🙏

Sadly the losing mentality at Everton fc has spread to the fans.
We can win this cup, City ,RS want the title or Champions league more, Arsenal,Villa, Spurs want top 4 more,that leaves,average Chelsea,Newcastle and Man United to try and stop us.
This is our year.

-FAC PALEVE.jpeg

lineup_.png

As near as full strenth as we can go for me. I never want to throw a game away, dont care how bad or good a run we are on. i want to win every game. and a defeat just adds to the form of losing we are currently on
Same for me. I've never understood fans who want their team out of a competition on purpose. What are we fans for, then, if not to see our team play as much as possible?

Plus, as mentioned above, we have only a couple of league games this whole month, so there will be plenty of time for rest even if we advance.

As a club, we could really do with another chance to get a positive roll going with a cup run. Otherwise, we're just looking at a long, annoying slog towards yet another season that ends hopefully just above the relegation zone. Unless we get our points back, and we end up comfortably mid-table, which could still be the result of a long, annoying slog of a different sort.

I can see a few changes being made, lots of tired legs in our first 11.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Beto, Danjuma and Gomes start. I'm hoping we don't see a Keane/Godfrey axis of evil at CB.

I wonder if Palace will rest either of Eze or Olise? They're a very ordinary team without their flair.

I can see a few changes being made, lots of tired legs in our first 11.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Beto, Danjuma and Gomes start. I'm hoping we don't see a Keane/Godfrey axis of evil at CB.

I wonder if Palace will rest either of Eze or Olise? They're a very ordinary team without their flair.
Centre Back is our biggest concern. We can't afford an injury to either Tarkowski or Branthwaite.

Centre Back is our biggest concern. We can't afford an injury to either Tarkowski or Branthwaite.

We can't really afford injuries anywhere to be honest! But you're right, we'd feel it more at CB than anywhere else on the pitch I think (apart from maybe Pickford).

It's a difficult one, we can't swap either CB without a significant drop in quality. Is Branthwaite away with the England kids during the international break? I'd be tempted to at least stick with Tarkowski as he'll have a break before our next game in 10 days and bench Branthwaite if he is going. If not, stick with them both.

Dyche will likely go near full-strength for this - but personally this is the XI I'd like to see starting:

Virginia

Patterson
- Keane - Tarkowski - Godfrey

Onana
------- Gomes

Dobbin
----- McNeil ---- Danjuma

Beto

I'd give Coleman about 25-30 minutes of the second half. Pickford, Branthwaite, Myko, Garner, Harrison & DCL to be rested if at all possible (no more than 15 minutes).

We absolutely cannot afford another injury to a key player here.

Status
Not open for further replies.