2023/24 Ben Godfrey

He’s a very useful CB in a three, and with the depleted numbers elsewhere we’ll have to play a three more times this season whether we like it or not. So would make no sense to loan him out.

He always been “fine” but nearly as many howlers as great blocks and clearances, and those howlers stick with him. He’s an athlete, and if he can stay fit, we might need some of those, state of the squad. If he has been looking into loan moves to clubs as diverse as Roma and Leeds, fair play to him to putting himself about tonight when called upon.

Stick by the assertion he should have been turned into a no frills, not skilful RB at about 16. Maybe a bit late now, plus we have 74628 right backs.

I’ve always stood by this lad (just like Myko), needs a bit of confidence after a few horror shows, but there was always a decent footballer in there
I think he's inbetween positions, not quite a good enough footballer to be a full back and perhaps not commanding enough to play in a two. No surprise he looks better in a back 3.

I've often thought he could have been brought on in games to man mark pacey players. Whatever happens was pleased to see him looking athletic as pre-covid, the effects of long covid can be utterly devastating and I think it had an impact on him.