Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Team Prediction, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate we are shocking.

Just watched Luton piling forward , their players taking on and beating players, quick one touch footy…. They’re shaky at the back but they have players “ worst than ours” and play and look 10 times more confident than we do.
luton have a bit of confidence, we dont. We'll be a different looking side once a bit of confidence comes back. We are making lots of chances, confident players slot them. We misplaced loads of easy passes yesterday and panicked because we lack confidence and are unfairly in/near the drop zone

anyone else notice in the stadium they said it was a VAR check to see if coleman was offside for the second goal

just watched the highlights and coleman was right in the mix and was nowhere near offside

im guessing it was a stadium error and they were just guessing which player was offside
Watching MOTD they were definitely focusing on Coleman as he challenged for the ball with Romero. Branthwaite was in a different phase of play and therefore couldn't be offside as the ball came off Romero.

luton have a bit of confidence, we dont. We'll be a different looking side once a bit of confidence comes back. We are making lots of chances, confident players slot them. We misplaced loads of easy passes yesterday and panicked because we lack confidence and are unfairly in/near the drop zone

Being unfairly in the drop zone should give confidence though shouldn’t it?

Like we don’t belong here, we are good enough to win games etc.

Also even at the start of the season and when we had our wining run… we still played shocking footy… it just yielded a few results.

We are not that different to when big Sam was here tbh.

Credit where credit is due. DCL deserved the goal - but it was Harrisons last touch literally on the goal line.
It was DCL's effort that was going in though - Harrison would not have 'scored' without DCL's goal bound header.
If DCL's header was deflected by Harrison, surely he was offside. The only Spurs player behind him was their goalie from what I could see.

I've watched it a few times and I can't even see where it touched him.

While I'm here, John Champion, who did my commentary said that Richarlison has never scored a hatrick for club or country. He scored one against Germany in the Olympics and I seem to remember him scoring four for Brazil against I forget who.

If DCL's header was deflected by Harrison, surely he was offside. The only Spurs player behind him was their goalie from what I could see.

While I'm here, John Champion, who did my commentary said that Richarlison has never scored a hatrick for club or country. He scored one against Germany in the Olympics and I seem to remember him scoring four for Brazil against I forget who.
One of their defenders was beyond the goal line as well.

Richarlison was stood on the goal line (maybe even behind it), as was their goalkeeper, so not offside.

Richarlison was actually in the net when the ball went in. The rule is that he is deemed to have left the pitch without the refs permission and is deemed to be on the goal line - thus making Harrison onside.
Richy did score 3 in half an hour v Germany in 2020 WC. Brazil won 4-2.

We were the better team throughout the 90 imho and unlucky not to get three points on balance of play. Pundits and whatnot absolutely bumming Spurs but I actually thought they were off it yesterday. Difference was basically the quality of players. Two great finishes from Richy and that Van Der Ven defending like a maniac, without the pair I think that could have ended 3 or 4 nil to us.

Whereas there were so many basic unforced errors from our lot, misplaced 5 yard passes, baggy touches, or failure to read the game or time a run. Very frustrating to watch at times

Gana MOM, was fantastic I thought, and Garner was also excellent in there with him. Both centre halves and Godfrey were excellent, thought Young and Harrison both did well to keep the ball away from Spurs and control Werner.

Thought Pickers was very shaky, Myko a bit rusty, and McNeill bland. DCL had a stinker as well, first time I've seen him struggle so much in normal build up play for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.