Match Thread Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton - Team Prediction, Waffle, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We were winning against 10 men until the 96th minute. I think the moaning is justified. Especially since it would have been our first win in 9 matches and were barely above the relegation zone.
Agaist a team that has been playing in Europe and has hardly lost a game at home for ages , when we have no confidence and the tension is all over the.pitch and on the crowd.
A piont is bad?
Plenty of late goasl happen.
If attacked them and left space the the knives would have been out.
Can't win whatever happens

You think Brighton are rubbish then?
8th placed highest finish in the Premier League. Lost 4-0 to Luton a few games back.

Winning 1-0 facing the above side with 10 men into injury time you simply win that game. I can understand the respect if playing a team like City or Arsenal away with 10 men pushing relentlessly to win the league...but Everton weren't playing a side like that.

Embarrassing.

a manager THAT WE ARE STUCK WITH

rinse and repeat
That as the case may be, so I guess we are snookered then, need to look realistically what is coming our way.

I hate 777 but if they bring a proper manager in when/if they take over they will do for me, can`t stand the crap we`ve had to put up with since Carlo.

And? If he doesn't have the capacity to affect how we play on the pitch why does he pace up and down pointing and shouting the whole time? Managers, and I know this is a controversial opinion, should manage how the team plays the game. He got it wrong at the end of this game.
This is one of the weirdest situations to have to read this kind of explanation on. I mean, up a man and completely unable to control the ball, Sean Dyche made the decision to sub on Ashley Young, which directly and obviously resulted in the situation getting even worse and the team with a man advantage being unable to keep the ball out of their own defensive third. And it's not exactly hindsight, as it would've been obvious to anybody following the team that subbing Ashely Young on for Doucoure would not improve a thing and most likely make things worse. About the only way he could've made a worse decision would've been to sub on Lonergan at winger.

Or, we don't get our points back, Forest get docked points, and we get docked some more points.

There's a very big chance we're "gonna be in there"
The point I’m making is no matter what deduction we may get Forest will get a far worse one, we were only off £20m or something and got -10, aren’t Forest’s charges supposed to be at least 3x that.

There’s no way for the PL to punish us currently without Forest getting a worse punishment, in other words unless they dock us both enough to be below Burnley then there’s no real chance that we get dragged further down.

You can’t be happy up 1-0 and especially when you have a man advantage. You have to be the aggressor in that situation. Brighton looked like they were the ones with an extra man.
Fair enough. I didn't watch the game, I'm going by what was said here and by Sherwood on SS. Might it not be time to start Beto and Dobbin. Onana too of course. I'm not bothered about DCL's hurt feelings, he needs dropping.