6 + 2 Point Deductions

View attachment 247268

I'm not quite sure what this is actually supposed to mean, but I thought this was interesting where it referred to the Everton FAB and wider fan base.

I think it's probably just a lot of words without saying much in truth.
Its their way of saying that they understand fans being upset and they know its not the fans fault this has happened but really the fans haven't got a clue about whats going on so just crying that its not fair doesn't hold much water with them because they know more about it than we do.

Not had a chance to catch up with all the shenanigans but is there now a transparent formula to show how and why the points have been deducted i.e. 4 for breaching the Premier League's profitability and sustainability rules and 2 because Liverpool won the cup etc? Or is it just being made up on the hoof?

It'd be nice to forecast what is to come not just for us but the other clubs too.

But why?

The club had a transfer net spend of circa £160 million last season alone bringing in about a thousand players and it kept them up. They have a hefty salary bill as well knowing full well about the FFP rules.

Everton's net transfer spend over the past four seasons has been close to zero!

Forest should be hammered in my view as there's no comparison in terms of which team unequivocally gained a sporting advantage.
Yeah Forest stayed up in a league thanks to their spending. Everton spent more and more and got worse. Baffled me when clubs that went down were apparently after us to sue but not Forest, seems a far easier case. Even if you see what we did for a defence as nothing but excuses, they are excuses all the same. Forest have literally no defence other than "we wanted to buy players so we bought them".

If we get punished at all then Forest should have the book thrown at them, that's not even being biased. Everton gained nothing but a stadium and lost out of sponsor deals that would've seen us easily within the limits, both of these factors shouldn't even be counted. I'm not joking here and this is mad, Forest spent >£275m (>£200m net-spend) since last year, on 51 players. That's insane. For comparison just by looking since 19/20, the year we bought Iwobi, Silva's second season, we've spent around £250m with a net spend of around -£40m since then meaning we've got that in profit. I'm also not going through it but I doubt that's on 51 players either, I'd be shocked if it was 25.

Long story short here, if Everton can be punished for that period then Forest are absolutely doomed given they spent far more in such a shorter space of time and all of it on transfers with no attempt to recoup money (aside from selling Johnson too late for it to count).

I'm more furious now than after the 10 points was announced. And the way the club has just rolled over for a belly tickling.

Grrrrrrrrrrrt
I suspect the second charge hanging over us, and wording in the report referencing the EPL structure as precedent (under which we would avoid further sanction) has the club needing to tread lightly. 6 points is still too much, but if that's all it is I suspect the club are happy...

If that is accurate then it is a very pertinent point for how the rest of this circus plays out for us.

That may come in to play but if not then there is more wording in the judgement regarding the EFL rules about trends, where we can get a point of for reducing the overspend compared to the previous year and another point for the season prior to that.

So looks like a max of 4 points for the 2nd charge.

A headline too, in-between us all crying about being victims.

The club have said they're satisfied to only be reduced 6 points. Every major outlet have referenced the clubs satisfaction with the outcome.

Make no mistake, Moshiri and his precious former board were so inept an running the club - they're satisfied with a penalty of a 6 point deduction.

That's their legacy.

Who knows what’s been negotiated behind the scenes. ‘Accept this deduction gracefully and the 2nd charge goes away’. I’m sure with the amount of lawyers involved and the time taken that every word in the statements from both sides has been poured over and included for a reason.

Last edited:
That may come in to play but if not then there is more wording in the judgement regarding the EFL rules about trends, where we can get a point of for reducing the overspend compared to the previous year and another point for the season prior to that.

So looks like a max of 4 points for the 2nd charge.

no why another 4 f sake

may aswell give us 2 if they are guna do that