New Everton Stadium Discussion

Probably best to look at the planning documents submitted and comment. I don’t think they did a quick Look at google maps btw. I remember the Kirby project and the planners suggested 1/3 of supporters would travel by bike 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
I am confident that with our close proximity to the city centre with all transport options provided to Merseyside and beyond our new location is by far better served than gp with no train, limited buses and if you don’t know your rat runs a heavily congested road system 🤔
Think people are just looking for stuff to moan about.
We'll get there, we'll get home again. Might take a bit longer, might not.
I'm prepared to suffer the agony of an extra 5 minutes on Greaty to sit in the beautiful new stadium we're getting.

I'm prepared to suffer the agony of an extra 5 minutes on Greaty to sit in the beautiful new stadium we're getting.
Not moaning I am very excited about BMD and I would move in as soon as possible. Just because they have given permission doesn't mean that potentially it will be more difficult or not to get away from than Goodison. Plenty of new stadiums are difficult to get away from.

Not moaning I am very excited about BMD and I would move in as soon as possible. Just because they have given permission doesn't mean that potentially it will be more difficult or not to get away from than Goodison. Plenty of new stadiums are difficult to get away from.
And plenty aren't.

People have set routines, pubs, parking specs, meeting places, etc etc, some have done that routine for 30, 40 years and more and will take some adjusting but we'll manage.

And plenty aren't.

People have set routines, pubs, parking specs, meeting places, etc etc, some have done that routine for 30, 40 years and more and will take some adjusting but we'll manage.
Of course things will change and we will manage. That doesn't mean that BMD will be easier or harder than Goodison to get away from after the match which was the point in question

N

Not at all.... transport is a key consideration for any stadium. Yes some fans will go to the ends of the earth to watch their team and many will put up with alsorts of inconvenience to attend home games every week..... but it is a major part of the matchday experience that we need to get right. The transport doc is in the planning application is not very comprehensive at all. There is a lot of quite sketchy/speculative "suck it and see" in it.

N

Not at all.... transport is a key consideration for any stadium. Yes some fans will go to the ends of the earth to watch their team and many will put up with alsorts of inconvenience to attend home games every week..... but it is a major part of the matchday experience that we need to get right. The transport doc is in the planning application is not very comprehensive at all. There is a lot of quite sketchy/speculative "suck it and see" in
Anyone who has been to BMD will see there will be challenges getting away after the game has finished. Pretending it is in the city centre doesn't help either !

N

Not at all.... transport is a key consideration for any stadium. Yes some fans will go to the ends of the earth to watch their team and many will put up with alsorts of inconvenience to attend home games every week..... but it is a major part of the matchday experience that we need to get right. The transport doc is in the planning application is not very comprehensive at all. There is a lot of quite sketchy/speculative "suck it and see" in it.
I understand all that but it's the same as anything new, be better for some not so for others, but we'll get over it and before long the new routine will replace the old one and we'll forget all about the little things 'we' were questioning.

There are more than enough options of other streets

Tbh, there aren't too many options in terms of getting people to and from the site itself on buses. The Northern Line is a bit of transport barrier in that there are only a few small roads that cross it in that area. I think it will be Shank's Pony for the vast majority who are going inland towards Scotty and onwards etc. Shuttle buses could work along the dock road/Grt Howard St going north and south, if they are kept clear of traffic congestion and allowed to run freely. The transport plan only shows quite small and very localised road closures which could be largely ineffectual for quick turnaround shuttles that would only get stuck further along their routes.

Tbh, there aren't too many options in terms of getting people to and from the site itself on buses. The Northern Line is a bit of transport barrier in that there are only a few small roads that cross it in that area. I think it will be Shank's Pony for the vast majority who are going inland towards Scotty and onwards etc. Shuttle buses could work along the dock road/Grt Howard St going north and south, if they are kept clear of traffic congestion and allowed to run freely. The transport plan only shows quite small and very localised road closures which could be largely ineffectual for quick turnaround shuttles that would only get stuck further along their routes.

The dock Road will be pedestrianised but there has been talk of a shuttle bus (trackless tram) parade down the street to get people to Old Hall Street on a circular. That can carry a good few people and will speed up dispersal rates.

I get all this. I really do.

Thing is, no matter what obstacles are thrown in our way, we'll still get there. 53000 of us every game. How will not matter. The being there does, and every one of those 53k will endure whatever to get there.
The rest is semantics.