6 + 2 Point Deductions

Anyone have a link explaining exactly how these new rules work? I don’t see how it can be on a year-by-year basis when players are on contracts lasting 3, 4, or 5 years.

Everton’s revenues for the next accounting period are going to be sky high if we stay in the league and we sell Branthwaite and Onana for serious cash. Technically, this should therefore allow us to spend, but we aren’t going to have the same revenues the following season. So how does that work?

We dont have "this" years accounts.

Last published accounts our revenue was 181million and our wage bill was 163million.

89.5% wages to revenue.

Didn't it reach over 95% at one point.

Anyone have a link explaining exactly how these new rules work? I don’t see how it can be on a year-by-year basis when players are on contracts lasting 3, 4, or 5 years.

Everton’s revenues for the next accounting period are going to be sky high if we stay in the league and we sell Branthwaite and Onana for serious cash. Technically, this should therefore allow us to spend, but we aren’t going to have the same revenues the following season. So how does that work?
I ASSUME when we sell Onana and Branners the money from their sale will be added to our revenue.

Only benefit we could have for rules changing this summer is clubs wont liwball us for Branthwaite and Onana on the 29th June, knowing we have to sell one. Which by all accounts if the rules stayed in place, we would have to.

I ASSUME when we sell Onana and Branners the money from their sale will be added to our revenue.

It will. But what I’m asking is how can you budget for a player’s wages on a four year contract, when revenues can fluctuate so wildly from year to year?

You can afford him this year, but how do you know if you can still afford him in three or four years time?

It will. But what I’m asking is how can you budget for a player’s wages on a four year contract, when revenues can fluctuate so wildly from year to year?

You can afford him this year, but how do you know if you can still afford him in three or four years time?
At MOST clubs revenues increase year on year.

But then Everton isnt most clubs.

Ive briefly glanced at the new rules, so I cant fully answer your questions.