777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PSX_20240315_113722.png

Is this a "Sean Promise?"

If we go down this season we'll be doing that at best. No chance we come straight back up with a depleted squad and zero money to improve it
No, I think we would probably come straight back up - look at the recent history of promoted clubs there - the difficulty would be staying up, and that worries me.

Still, I'd rather that than to kick off at BMD in the championship.

The talk of financial future, 777 having to loan us money for 6 months, Moshiri having major Russian connections, The Esk article (the numbers leave it open to interpretation but the amount of debt doesn't sound good). I think its too simplistic to say Moshiri has chosen not to fund the club

Administration typically requires an event to be triggered. Missed debt payments, breaking loan covenants, payroll etc. There's no evidence of that anywhere (plenty of evidence of that with 777 and their group of companies, btw). A creditor isn't going to say "oh, you have too much debt, time for Administration."

Administration happens when you run out of cash to fulfill your current obligations. The club needed the 180 million to finish the stadium, regardless of where it came from. If they couldn't get that, construction would have stopped. Yes it was used for working capital as well, but that's because our typical working capital source (RM&F) was tapped out, likely due to stadium costs (regardless of what the loan docs say).

If the club finds itself in a situation where Administration is a viable option, that means that all else as failed:

• The club's shareholder will no longer fund
  • External creditors are not willing to work with the club to restructure
  • Other funding sources outside the club have been exhausted (investors, lenders)
  • There are no other assets to sell to raise cash

We obviously do not have the whole picture, and because of that we can only speculate on the first three sources of cash.

We do understand the value of the liquid assets though (players) and can make some reasonable assumptions that if the club needed 100 million, it could probably raise it quickly in the summer window based on current information.

If Admin was likely, construction would have stopped and we would have sold players in January.

777 isn't going to force Admin, given there position in the hierarchy they would lose most if not all of their money.

Nine months ago Moshiri was willing to stay on with MSP and help them eventually take control of the club. He's not going anywhere until he can get some cash out of the club.

Sadly true but as with all things Everton it feels like we are just having to confront immediate problems rather than solve long term ones.

We know the stability of 777 mid-long term is dubious but we also know that the immediate and pressing financial cliff edge could be upon us before we even get there if the situation isnt resolved, and I honestly don’t know if the short term relief of having ownership and some degree of funding settled might be the less bad thing we can hope for.

I want to believe in a much better third way but evidence has not been supplied.

Again, the issues that 777 is having are just as immediate. There's no short term relief with these people.

Oh right ... because after Russians, Iran is the next country we're looking to fall out with. Its as if Mosh is so peed off with us he's looking to cause the most damage possible to the fanbase. I wonder why.

Absolutely Everton through and through this.
Pretty much nailed on Chris.
I mean, this information has come from Sean Simeone himself. :Blink:

Sad as it'd be, we'd be better off going down now and coming straight back up next season, which would be likely.
That way, we could kick off at BMD in the Premier League.

The thought of going down next season, and bearing in mind that we aren't likely to strengthen the squad in the transfer market
for a couple of reasons, is scary because we would be starting our time at BMD in the Championship.
Easier said than done

Again, the issues that 777 is having are just as immediate. There's no short term relief with these people.
True, if all reports are true about their own funding issues. In any case, if they are not even able to guarantee short term funding they won't be approved so I guess it becomes moot. The PL have the power to accept with conditions I think, so if there is to be any approval I'd hope they'd insist on amounts being lodged to cover immediate needs. Who knows what the reality of the discussions is though.