Is the Championship that bad?

In the 2025/26 season we'll probably have our brand new BMD stadium featuring in a League 1 game on 'Welcome to Wrexham' and I wouldn't be confident of winning.

Yes.

Whilst it may give us a chance to tear things up and start over relatively fresh, consider the financial challenges. Furthermore, we'd probably be less attractive to prospective new owners and would have to sell our better players at a snippet of their current valuation.

Yes.

Whilst it may give us a chance to tear things up and start over relatively fresh, consider the financial challenges. Furthermore, we'd probably be less attractive to prospective new owners and would have to sell our better players at a snippet of their current valuation.
Plus, we lose out on extending our top flight stay - surely that's worth fighting for?

As long as the club was sold for a quid to an Everton loving buyer i'd be ok with it. If 777 and all this under the table crap became a thing of the past for a season or 2 in the 2nd tier then bring it on. This is shocking and next season can only get worse. Game is ruined as i know it.

It isn't bad in the sense it's a very competitive League, i'd have no problem going to watch us. That being said it doesn't bode well for us. I don't think we'll bounce straight back up, a total reset is needed.

It isn't bad in the sense it's a very competitive League, i'd have no problem going to watch us. That being said it doesn't bode well for us. I don't think we'll bounce straight back up, a total reset is needed.
Agreed mate but a reset is all but impossible now with so many grubby fingers in the pie. A reset could only happen if someone writes off an absolute fortune.

Loss of 70 largely pointless years of unbroken top flight tagnuttery aside, it depends on where the club is financially by the summer.

The bad side of it is being hamstrung by even stricter PSR rules and just getting deduction after deduction until you become Reading. There's also the complacency factor. Just look at Sunderland circa 2018.

On the flipside, we might absolutely piss it like Fulham a couple of years back and have an utter blast, marking Goodison's last game with a promotion party... Or not even piss it first time, but grow as a unit a la Villa, learn our lessons and become better in the long run.

After today, I think I know which of those scenarios I'd put money on.