6 + 2 Point Deductions

It's the context of the £89m loss that is the important thing.

We cut wage costs, we made 47m on transfers, and still lost Eighty Nine Million Pounds. And there is no pandemic argument anymore either.

This is a financial mess. This is not sustainable and I don't see any solution unless someone decides to just pump hundreds of millions into the club out of their own good will.

that’s not guna happen is it?

I don't get the point. We've got no idea what this year's deductibles will be.
Fair to assume that the deductibles for women’s team etc will be fairly consistent though? The worry is there is no stadium borrowing interest to deduct this year, as £19m already capitalised.

We already knew there was a breach as we’ve been charged. The fume is that the playing squad has been trimmed and filled out with free signing pensioners, and yet the losses go up massively. What is the point.

The problem is we had an advantage last season and stayed up due to overspending on players. We stayed up by breaching PSR at the expense of other clubs

No we didn't. Or at least there is absolutely no way that could ever be proved.

Our squad last year was awful and far worse than Leicester's for example

The sporting advantage argument is a total nonsense. If something is unquantifiable then it shouldn't be a consideration.

We stayed up last year because three teams won less points on a football pitch. Nothing else should matter.

I’ve been expecting four points but would anyone honestly be surprised if we got 6 points deduction?
I said up the thread I wouldn't be surprised by anything between 2 and 6 now. Double counting and stuff like Ukraine could be a mitigation, but as second breach, a deteriorating pattern and continuing spend on players during those accounts could be an aggravation. I hope they will accept that a sustainable club needs to invest in players to stay in the league but it seems to depend on what side of bed they got out of.

If the club goes into administration and can't pay its creditors back of course it will be sold as it is an asset. The ground could be built on holy ground and it wouldn't make a difference to the administrators or HMRC for that matter.

It will be sold and like you said thr club will be left to deal with any legal issues.
The club legally have ownership of the stadium, even in administration which wouldn’t last if a buyer was found (assuming the 777 deal falls through). The rights in worst case would go back to the land owners who would either bulldoze it and convert it back to its dock state or make further adjustments to convert it from a football stadium to an athletics venue.

Basically it’s the clubs or it goes back to the city

I`m not sure how much the breach is but there is some interesting numbers outlined on the club website, which I think will be used in mitigation. To summarise:-

-£210.9m Capital Costs for stadium
-Player profit £47.5m
-Sponsorship, advertising and comm income was £19.2m but it says that this was impacted by £20m due to the suspension of USM, Megafon and Yota. Interestingly last year was £35m so we were due to come in at about £40m which would have also put our revenue to £192m.
-Other commercial revenue up £4.4m to £19.7m
-Gate Receipts increased by £1.7m
-Broadcast Revenue up by 900k

Clubs net debt position is £330.6m

For me the business looks like it was improving in all areas except for the Ukraine War which we can now quantify as £20m, which was beyond the clubs control which would also have put our revenue at £10m higher than last year.

Obviously the debt and the player wages is still a massive issue, how has the wages only gone down by £3m but then I think that will be massively reduced in the next set of accounts as we have had some high earners leave.

View attachment 250772

i don’t get all the numbers stuff mate lol

to me if just means game over!