Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you take a point right now with Brentford and Sheff Utd to come at home and Luton away in the next few weeks?

Most people (rightly IMO) now seem to believe that 4 points should be enough to save us.

Would you take a point right now with Brentford and Sheff Utd to come at home and Luton away in the next few weeks?

Most people (rightly IMO) now seem to believe that 4 points should be enough to save us.
I’d imagine that would be enough. Be a bit disappointed with the Sheff Utd result but not arsed as long as we stay up

Luton: I think Burnley being able to overtake them will way heavily on them.

Up until this point they were the team that could get out of the relegation zone by putting a team above them in trouble. Having Burnley being capable of leapfrogging them and cementing them in the bottom three will demoralise that team further.

I think the biggest thing for me is being at least 3 points ahead of Luton going into that game against them. Knowing that even if the worst happens we have Sheffield United at home the following week to settle the matter is a good insurance policy.

Burnley “may” get something off Utd, the other teams will put them to bed with ease I’d imagine.

It’s a straight run between us Forest and Luton. Luton look gassed, but I don’t trust us down there so would like a small buffer just in case
Yeah. It's all but done if we get a win tomorrow. I know that's far from being mathematically safe, but you couldn't see Luton getting 6 points ahead of Everton from their fixtures, or Burnley getting 8 points ahead of us. GD is going to be a huge weapon for us if we don't fall apart against Liverpool / Arsenal in that respect.

I think the biggest thing for me is being at least 3 points ahead of Luton going into that game against them. Knowing that even if the worst happens we have Sheffield United at home the following week to settle the matter is a good insurance policy.

Our players should be really up for that Luton game. They've been very vocal about wanting our points deductions and if I were an Everton player I'd be determined to put them down on their own ground.

FFS.

No, I would NOT take a point!

If a point is what we get, so be it, but I aint taking a bloody point at home against Notts bloody Forest.

FFS.

No, I would NOT take a point!

If a point is what we get, so be it, but I aint taking a bloody point at home against Notts bloody Forest.

My point is that it wouldn't be the end of the world if we failed to get all 3.

It's a win and a draw to get (just) safe IMO.

There's got to be something different tomorrow! Rather than just the normal garbage. Roll the dice dyche...

Play Gomes, throw danjuma in, Start chemetti in a 2 man attack

Just something slightly less predictable