oviedo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't singled out. There was far worse players on that pitch. Cough**neville**cough. But every time he comes on he really poor.

anyway, really sorry Iv offended some, I retract mt statement. He's a top player an will push us on to top 4

Err, Oveido's hardly been on the pitch but, given what we paid for him and his lack of English football I'd say he's a decent prospect. If we'd paid 10 million for him from another Premiership club I'd expect him to hit the ground running. Quite a few of our first-team regulars didn't set the world alight at first.

Err, Oveido's hardly been on the pitch but, given what we paid for him and his lack of English football I'd say he's a decent prospect. If we'd paid 10 million for him from another Premiership club I'd expect him to hit the ground running. Quite a few of our first-team regulars didn't set the world alight at first.

So why hasnt Naismith been given this sort of cushion? Id said Naismiths had a bigger impact. But is heavily critisised.

Each of the few cameos i've seen from Oviedo he has looked nice and tidy. Seems to be good at running but needs some work on his final product.
He was rather rusty against Leeds earlier in the season but he is a young lad thrown into a makeshift team with the like of Junior attempting to boss the midfield.
I do think he'll become a great player and our future LB, I just hope DM can get him playing on the right side to replace Neville.

I have yet to see a good left footed right back. Oviedo will never replace Neville. We have Coleman. Who is much better than Oviedo anyway

The one full game I've seen him play was against Norwich, looked a good player, seems very odd that he's been singled out after the Oldham game, he played 11 minutes you bulbs

This was the general opinion but I didn't see it from my seat. I can't remember seeing an everton player ever touch the ball less. Great cross for the goal, though.

I remember watching Pienaar early on when Oldham knocked us out the cup a few years ago and not being impressed with him at all, but I think it was Pienaar's first cup game for us. Cup games against lower league teams are always hard for players from overseas to adapt to. The opposition will try and stop you playing and put you off your game, so its a bit unfair to judge him so early on. Hopefully he will be a fine player for us.

I remember watching Pienaar early on when Oldham knocked us out the cup a few years ago and not being impressed with him at all, but I think it was Pienaar's first cup game for us. Cup games against lower league teams are always hard for players from overseas to adapt to. The opposition will try and stop you playing and put you off your game, so its a bit unfair to judge him so early on. Hopefully he will be a fine player for us.

Nothing to do with the cup game. Hes been carried on every appearance. Think hes set one goal up. Other than that anonymous.

I still cant get my head round the hate for Naismith but this lad can have time to settle.

Naismiths scored 3 goals.

he's fast and got a bit of skill, so he deserves more time. Not the right game to introduce him. Would get more space in the prem. Too early to make a judgement though, however i like to see someone quick come off the bench

Im probably going to get negged for this but I'd like to see us trying him in central midfield. Not straight away obviously but maybe try it in pre season/a few reserve games. Hes certainly got the pace and defensive ability to go box to box, but maybe lacks the physique creativity needed. I think he may have played there before as well, plus a lot of modern full backs have been able to cover at/adapt to CM. Cant think of any examples other than Danilo, Zabaleta, Constant, oh and our captain. Worth a go surely?

I've just realised how many forward slashes that paragraph has in it. LOL.

Im probably going to get negged for this but I'd like to see us trying him in central midfield. Not straight away obviously but maybe try it in pre season/a few reserve games. Hes certainly got the pace and defensive ability to go box to box, but maybe lacks the physique creativity needed. I think he may have played there before as well, plus a lot of modern full backs have been able to cover at/adapt to CM. Cant think of any examples other than Danilo, Zabaleta, Constant, oh and our captain. Worth a go surely?

I've just realised how many forward slashes that paragraph has in it. LOL.
Cant see him ever being central midfielder

Status
Not open for further replies.