Attendances at Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a t-shirt with a picture of all birds on it because every team we beat on route to Wembley was nicknamed after a bird.

Those T-shirts were class. Lots of them were Wembley orientated but there were loads of funny ones as well. I remember a Kit-Kat logo Kancheslkis shirt. There was loads round 1995, 1996.

I think all the copywright ownership stuff has put an end to all that. I can remember some feller having absolutely loads of them, all different types, and he was selling them off the road of Grange Road precinct in Birkenhead. He must have made a killing, because they were about 5 quid a go and loads were buying them just before the cup final.

I know everyone already knows this, but it's one of my favourite topics so....

You're talking about the 1994-95 season. The best season in the world ever x 5000. I would literally pay thousands upon thousands of pounds to experience something like that again. The upturn in attendances was due to the magic of Joe Royle and the effect that it had on the team. We went from being absolutely wank and on our way to being relegated, to telling Manchester United and Spurs to shut up and fook off in a matter months. The atmosphere was CLASS black then. The team and the fans were as one; Dogs of War indeed.

Don't mean to sound like a Kenwright ponce, but I actually get quite tearful when I remember the 1994-95 season. It was a dream come true for a 10 year old lad who had heard all the stories about the 1980's but had only really experienced the crap of the early 1990's prior to that. It wasn't just the fact that we won the cup IMO, it was HOW we did it, and WHO we did it with that made it so special.

To continue with the reminiscing, does anyone remember the absolute state of our old 'Souvenir Shop' on Goodison Road in the early 1990's? It was proper lame but absolutely class at the same time. When Duncan scored that goal against the RS there was suddenly loads of rather crap Duncan products, like T-Shirts that looked like they had used a photocopier to print a black and white picture of Duncan's face onto some cheap 'Fruit of the Loom' shirt or something? They were 7 or 8 quid, but sold quite well I think, lol.

Then when we reached the final, every market trader in Merseyside was selling loads of mad T-shirts with cheesy slogans like 'You've just been slam Dunc-ed' and pictures of angry Staffordshire Bull Terriers accompanying David Unsworth and a 'Dogs of War' slogan, LOL. There were loads of different ones, and everyone had one.

1995 was a proper sunny Summer as well, and I fecking loved that Summer. We'd be pretending to be Duncan, Ammo or Rideout when playing footy in the park and 'E aye addio we won the cup' was sung right throughout the Summer. They're my favourite moments as an Evertonian, I guess.

This absolutely amasing video sums it up perfectly!

[video=youtube;N49xwGJjpWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N49xwGJjpWE[/video]
nice stuff . one big thing I remember about that season that summed up being a football fan was the chaotic approach to cup final tickets. we queued in rotation through the night reassured that we had enough vouchers for a ticket. very little stewarding meant people walking past us while we slept, then an announcement when we were 50 yards from our prized tickets that there was only a 100 left. chaos and despair. I swore along with my mates that I wouldn't go to another game again. couple of weeks later all of us were dancing in the pub having completely forgotten the misery of our ticket quest

Those T-shirts were class. Lots of them were Wembley orientated but there were loads of funny ones as well. I remember a Kit-Kat logo Kancheslkis shirt. There was loads round 1995, 1996.

I think all the copywright ownership stuff has put an end to all that. I can remember some feller having absolutely loads of them, all different types, and he was selling them off the road of Grange Road precinct in Birkenhead. He must have made a killing, because they were about 5 quid a go and loads were buying them just before the cup final.
b)...

Season tickets sold out for that year which obviously helps because that means there's less tickets to shift.

Buzz around the club after finishing 7th and having the best young player in Europe probably added a few as well.

Season tickets sold out for that year which obviously helps because that means there's less tickets to shift.

Buzz around the club after finishing 7th and having the best young player in Europe probably added a few as well.

Season tickets selling out is great for Everton, but not for people like me who don't live in Britain and want tickets when we get there occasionally.

We're going next year, August 2014, and I'm not sure how to go about it. Last time I was over there in 2006 someone got a couple for me when the fixtures came out and I picked them up when we got to Liverpool. I don't know whether I can do that next time.

Last edited:
Season tickets selling out is great for Everton, but not for people like me who don't live in Britain and want tickets when we get there occasionally.

We're going next year, August 2014, and I'm not sure how to go about it. Last time I was over there in 2006 someone got a couple for me when the fixtures came out and I picked them up when we got to Liverpool. I don't no whether I can do that next time.

You will be fine lid.

Status
Not open for further replies.