Transfer Window Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with this. Big style.

Now it's up to Bill to make a large chunk of that £27.5m available for January!
Never gonna happen, blue bill will give it the usual we didnt intend to sell then come january we will sudddenly need to purchase 27 new lawnmowers.

I like what we have done with the 3 players coming in but this money will never be seen again

I'm really pleased, especially with Lukaku (even though its a loan). Sounds petty but I would have been delighted if we'd somehow got Fernando too, instead of having 14-15m change

Total disgrace and Martinez has spunked all the cash down the toilet basically;

Ex Wigan;

Robles -- 1.5mil reserve keeper
Kone - 6,5mil reserve forward
Alcaraz - Signing fee for an injury prone 6th centre back
McCarthy - 13mil obviously Martinez first choice

Loans

Barry - Paying 100k a week for him
Deulofeu - No chance to buy later
Lukaku - No chance to buy later

Out

Fellaini - 27.5mil a good price but one of our top two players.
Anichebe - 5mil good fee

I think we've done well on sales fees but rubbish on the players coming in.

Heitinga / Naismith /Gueye / Jelavic still here as well. MASSIVE amount of wages were paying this season for dross.

In a year ONLY James McCarthy will be in our starting 11 and so we've basically swapped Fellaini for McCarthy and a huge amount of wages on players for this season

Disgraceful from top to bottom this window and I can't believe that so few people aren't seeing through this charade.

Glad we got McCarthy and Lukaku especially.

I hope more people wake up now to the fact we have a gangster running this club given the massive negative net spend we just had. An absolute disgrace of a man who should be run out of town and beaten with sticks.

Unfortunately that will be brushed under the carpet because as evidenced by the reaction on here people are generally happy.

Personally pleased with players we've brought in, if not a little skeptical on McCarthy but he has the chance to prove himself. Worried about where we end up with loan deals though, there needs to be a positive net spend in January or next summer.

Erect.

The Lukaku loan is really big, last weekend, watching Jelavic totally out of his depth, all I could say to my mate was "Wow, we'd kill for a Van Wolfswinkel or a Lukaku"..
Got him!

I really think it will boost our attack.
As was said:
Mirallas, Deulofeu, Lukaku.. WOW

Considering I thought we were going to get had off big time on Fellaini AND Baines with regards to fee, to only lose one of them for a very good price and bring in 3 (albeit 2 loans) is decent business. Im fairly pleased. Time will tell on the signings though I suppose, cant help but feel excited about lukaku though!!

Fellaini - perfect - we got the £28M and kept Leighton!!!
Victor - fantastic deal
Lukaku - wonderful
Barry - a surefire smart move
Mc - decent enough, not OTT on the price

Plus the bank will be salivating at the net income of transfer fees (which, btw, represents a massive accounting profit as Felli was past his first contract and Vic cost nothing). This means we're more secure financially as a result of these transactions.

rather have kept fellaini than have mccarthy
lukaku - excellent , but its a loan so its a stop gap. where does it leave jelavic and kone ?
why sign kone if hes gonna play 2nd or 3rd fiddle ?
i also think id rather have a young evertonian in anichebe than an aging kone.
barry , 32 another stop gap.
so when the loanees leave thats 3 players we need to replace along with the ageing players already in the squad.
just my opinion , but short term yes we have done well . but long term i dont think we have made any progress, in fact i think we have gone backwards.
32.5 million in the bank ? yea lets wait and see how much of that we see.

Better than it looked like it was going to be at about 9pm. I think McCarthy is going to be a great signing. Sorry to see Felli go but it was always going to happen, made ofm look a bit of a t**t though when he could have met the buyout clause weeks ago and saved a few millions. Ah well dithering davie.

Glad we got McCarthy and Lukaku especially.

I hope more people wake up now to the fact we have a gangster running this club given the massive negative net spend we just had. An absolute disgrace of a man who should be run out of town and beaten with sticks.

You can't blame bill for this. Look at all those short term signings for loan fees and reserves + the amount of wages were now paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.