£85,027,727 in premier league payments but only in 7th place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the amazing thing is the likes of doncaster and yeovil and clubs like that. Poor and struggling to get by every season and bouncing between leagues. The make a blackpool esq push into the premier league one season and their finances will be absolutely sorted overnight. that's why i tend to root for the smaller teams for promotion rather than the Leicesters and Blackburns

I think the amazing thing is the likes of doncaster and yeovil and clubs like that. Poor and struggling to get by every season and bouncing between leagues. The make a blackpool esq push into the premier league one season and their finances will be absolutely sorted overnight. that's why i tend to root for the smaller teams for promotion rather than the Leicesters and Blackburns

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford

Understand banking and you will understand why "doncaster and yeovil and clubs like that. Poor and struggling to get by every season and bouncing between leagues" will, from now until some 'reset' (revolution?) button is pushed, be in such "struggling" straits.

'Banking' (a.k.a. money creation out of thin air a,k.a. economic counterfeiting) has moved into football. It has already bought every other intrinsically valuable/tangible item (real estate, energy and other mineral resource, taxable infrastructure etc etc). And football?: football is a dalliance to the money enfranchised - a pastime- a hobby.

The post war experimentation with social egalitarianism is well and truly over (since 22/11/1963?).

In summary: the rich will get richer ...and the poor will eat their peas.... and they'd better be grateful for such small mercies!

Thus endeth Socioeconomics 101.

this thread..............

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-10.gif

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford

Understand banking and you will understand why "doncaster and yeovil and clubs like that. Poor and struggling to get by every season and bouncing between leagues" will, from now until some 'reset' (revolution?) button is pushed, be in such "struggling" straits.

'Banking' (a.k.a. money creation out of thin air a,k.a. economic counterfeiting) has moved into football. It has already bought every other intrinsically valuable/tangible item (real estate, energy and other mineral resource, taxable infrastructure etc etc). And football?: football is a dalliance to the money enfranchised - a pastime- a hobby.

The post war experimentation with social egalitarianism is well and truly over (since 22/11/1963?).

In summary: the rich will get richer ...and the poor will eat their peas.... and they'd better be grateful for such small mercies!

Thus endeth Socioeconomics 101.

Aye but what i mean is the inflow of cash once recieving promotion for a club like them would really help htings, especially if they steady themselves on little money like stoke did when they came up.

the problem will be when you have a championship full of teams who have been to the top league and back and find the money they depended on is none existent in this league.

Aye but what i mean is the inflow of cash once recieving promotion for a club like them would really help htings, especially if they steady themselves on little money like stoke did when they came up.

the problem will be when you have a championship full of teams who have been to the top league and back and find the money they depended on is none existent in this league.

'Tough cheese' the money embroidered will say to that. We are already starting to see a financial polarisation in the EPL. I suspect a breakaway of Europe's 'elite' (i.e. rich) clubs into their own competition will occur within half a generation. Hell, never-mind Doncaster and Yeovil, mighty Everton might be lucky to get into the television monied cabal.

'Tough cheese' the money embroidered will say to that. We are already starting to see a financial polarisation in the EPL. I suspect a breakaway of Europe's 'elite' (i.e. rich) clubs into their own competition will occur within half a generation. Hell, never-mind Doncaster and Yeovil, mighty Everton might be lucky to get into the television monied cabal.

You know what , i kind of agree with you on that. I do believe there is a massive gulf between 5 clubs in the premier league and ourselves downwards.

35 year old keepers don't negotiate a 4 year deal on increased wages mate, same as Osman last season probably negotiated a deal on either steadily reducing wages or a generally lower overall wage, unless Moyes shafted us as a parting gift.

Baines likely did receive an increase, but doubt it was anything ridiculously high either, probably offset i would imagine by the Osman and Howard extensions lowering their base wage

Do you think Howard got a reduction in his saves after this fantastic season. I highly doubt it.

I notice we were only on 16 times compared to the other clubs who finished in the top 7 who were on between 24-28 times.

Utter joke.

A difference of 12m compared to the vermin.

This. There is no doubt that Sky and BT have us in the 'only show them when they are playing the sky top 6' category.....it's a disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.